atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: usbuild Sip to Pri gateway Adtran 908e - 06/20/18 12:08 AM
My client with NEC DSX on T1/PRI is moving to new location, it will take up to 6 weeks to move the service, but he wants to relocate sooner.
I’m looking for a temporary solution.
Pots lines is not an option, system can handle 8 trunks, he needs 12.
Adding a Voip board and licenses is one of the options, but seems quite costly and will require system changes which I’m trying to avoid.
I was thinking to setup sip trunks and convert it to Pri with Adtran 908e 2nd generation. Hasn’t worked with one, but looks like manuals are available and I know someone who will help if I get stuck.
Can someone recommend another inexpensive gateway that are easy to configure?

Thanks a lot
Posted By: newtecky Re: Sip to Pri gateway Adtran 908e - 06/20/18 12:53 AM
I followed some online videos and I was able to get the Adtran 908 working as a SIP to PRI gateway temporarily until we could convert to full SIP trunks in our Shoretel.

As far as setup up a PRI to SIP gateway, that is the only product I have used. I have used Audiocodes for Analog to SIP gateway, but not their PRI gateway Mediant 500
Toshiba supported Epygi for their gateways, but I have't personally used them. https://www.epygi.com/content_files/pdf/Gateways/TD-QXE1T1-Let-07.pdf

Posted By: Daniel Re: Sip to Pri gateway Adtran 908e - 06/20/18 01:31 PM
I doubt that it is cheaper, but digium makes pri to sip devices in a number of configurations.
Posted By: ffej010 Re: Sip to Pri gateway Adtran 908e - 06/20/18 02:00 PM
We have used Adtran TA908's for that same scenerio. Customer ended up staying with the PRI as they liked the DID functionality. Not difficult to setup at all.
Posted By: usbuild Re: Sip to Pri gateway Adtran 908e - 06/20/18 02:19 PM
Thank you everyone,
Watched couple videos and it looks like setup is straight forward. Found a refurbished model for under 200 with 6 month warranty, will give it a try.
Since it has 8 fxs ports, they can keep it as a backup in case Pri goes down, happend ones in 8 years (TDS fraud prevention dept shut them down by mistake)
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help