atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: TeletypeJoe Like a bad dream, I am back! - 05/24/19 01:37 AM
Hi All,

If this is the wrong place for this, I apologize in advance and request that this thread be moved to where it belongs.

I have been in the Teletype / Telephone collecting hobby for many years (over 15 years) but had to take a 5 year break due to the wife and I having to raise three of our grandkids. Thankfully, they are moved out, and I am in the process of repairing the house from their damage (long story). I have been doing renovations and all such, and found a bunch of my telephones that I hid away so that they would not be broken and "played with". I also dusted off my lunch box KSU in the laundry room where it has lived for the past eight years. I plugged it in and low and behold, the lights came on.

So, long story short, I am back, and trying to get back into setting up a nice 1A2 system. I have a bunch of line cords, a few key phones and the KSU. I will need lots of refreshing. Oh, and telephone lines. The phone company no longer provides POTS lines where I live, it is all VOIP. What to do? I have not had a land line for years, now I want one and cannot get one, er, two. The VOIP nonsense through U-verse will not work with rotary phones (so I am told), and the Bangalore "help desk" person did not even know what I was talking about when I asked about rotary phones.

Any way, I am back, and hope all of the old members are still here.

Best,

Joe
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Like a bad dream, I am back! - 05/24/19 02:34 AM
Welcome back, Joe. Yes, I remember you and yes, most of us are still here. Jump right back in.
Posted By: Professor Shadow Re: Like a bad dream, I am back! - 05/24/19 03:07 AM
Hi Joe, you'll love the "New & Improved" 1A2 systems they have these days as per Greg Ercolano from our group:

Posted By: jeffmoss26 Re: Like a bad dream, I am back! - 05/25/19 12:14 PM
welcome back!
Posted By: TeletypeJoe Re: Like a bad dream, I am back! - 05/26/19 01:32 PM
Is Arthur still here?
Posted By: Professor Shadow Re: Like a bad dream, I am back! - 05/26/19 03:35 PM
Yes...he finally found his password: ********
Posted By: Arthur P. Bloom Re: Like a bad dream, I am back! - 05/26/19 06:17 PM
WRONG!!!

It's not ********.

It's *********.
Posted By: dexman Re: Like a bad dream, I am back! - 05/26/19 07:30 PM
Originally Posted by TeletypeJoe
Is Arthur still here?

Yup. He checked in a bit earlier.
Posted By: Professor Shadow Re: Like a bad dream, I am back! - 05/27/19 04:22 AM
Originally Posted by Arthur P. Bloom
WRONG!!!

It's not ********.

It's *********.
Arthur...you of all people should know that we don't post passwords in the open forum Rulez
Posted By: TeletypeJoe Re: Like a bad dream, I am back! - 06/03/19 09:51 PM
Hey Arthur,

Do you still have Puma T. Cat?
Posted By: ComdialJim Re: Like a bad dream, I am back! - 06/06/19 04:58 PM
Welcome back to the party that never ends !!
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help