atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Jared R Announcements - 08/01/19 07:20 PM
Just out of curiosity, for those of you who often go to Lowe’s stores and hears a tone throughout the overhead PA speakers followed by a pre-recorded female voice message saying something like “ding-dong (tone) code 50 to the front register”. My question is what piece of phone equipment (brand,unit) is making those announcements happen? I know Lowe’s uses Toshiba phones so I think it must be related to that, IDK. Just wondering, thanks! 😃
Posted By: C5Z Re: Announcements - 08/03/19 01:46 PM
I think it's Imdyne equipment.
Posted By: Daniel Re: Announcements - 08/03/19 05:16 PM
The lowes here are on cisco.
Posted By: hbiss Re: Announcements - 08/03/19 06:29 PM
What makes you think it has anything to do with the phone system? (Other than maybe initiating the page.)

-Hal
Posted By: hbiss Re: Announcements - 08/03/19 06:33 PM
Originally Posted by C5Z
I think it's Imdyne equipment.

Google turns up nothing like that for that name.

-Hal
Posted By: C5Z Re: Announcements - 08/03/19 09:36 PM
Sorry for the typo,

https://indyme.com/
This is what it looks like.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Indyme-MTS-Messaging-and-Telephony-Server-Telephone-System-CU4400-FREE-SHIPPING/202322435685?hash=item2f1b5b5e65:g:QXcAAOSw8wFbCGzX
Posted By: newtecky Re: Announcements - 08/04/19 12:27 AM
Teleco manages the Toshiba system for Lowe's. We've done some sub work for Lowe's here locally, but It's been a few years since I was in the Lowe's telephone room.

There isn't anything with the Toshiba PBX that would make those triggered announcements, so doubt that it is related to the phone system. It's more likely a 3rd party device, like the indyme device mentioned above, tied into the overhead paging amplifier.
Posted By: Jared R Re: Announcements - 08/04/19 01:25 AM
Thanks everyone for all the info, very much appreciated!
Posted By: Silversam Re: Announcements - 08/04/19 03:26 AM
All the department stores used to use Code Call machines for quiet announcements to their staff. I don't remember who made them. We used to just tie them in to the PA systems on an Aux port.

Sam
Posted By: Carl Navarro Re: Announcements - 08/04/19 06:32 AM
Ah yes, code call.

Valcom V9923B was one of them.

Carl
Posted By: Curlycord Re: Announcements - 08/04/19 12:19 PM
It could be a phone system in some cases.

Nortel/Avaya BCM 4.0 and BCM50/450 R1 and above has/had this option built in and unlocked via keycode called "Advanced Paging Productivity Package"

This allows you:
-to schedule pre-recorded announcements from the same place you record Auto Attendant greetings.
-program a F9XX code to instantly page a specified greeting, the code can be applied to a button on the set or add an assistance 1202 Call Button on the wall/pillar.
-send a specific text message to another set.

I use mine in my office/home for Grandfather Chimes on the hour and baseball game reminders etc.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help