atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: dexman AT&T Logo Lettering Change. - 09/13/19 01:06 PM
Guess I've been asleep for a bit. I just noticed that the lettering in AT&T's logo has reverted to all uppercase as opposed to being all lowercase. bed
Posted By: Professor Shadow Re: AT&T Logo Lettering Change. - 09/13/19 02:30 PM
Whenever someone mentions AT&T I always think of Bloom County...

[Linked Image]

Posted By: dexman Re: AT&T Logo Lettering Change. - 09/13/19 07:16 PM
What is the name given to the old Lucent Technologies logo? ponder
Posted By: hbiss Re: AT&T Logo Lettering Change. - 09/13/19 11:38 PM
What is the name given to the old Lucent Technologies logo?

What you get when you put your coffee cup down on your desk calendar and it's got some coffee on the bottom.

-Hal
Posted By: Arthur P. Bloom Re: AT&T Logo Lettering Change. - 09/14/19 03:51 AM
I believe that there were two different logos; one upper case for the old stuff, and lower case for mobile. I could be wrong.
Posted By: dexman Re: AT&T Logo Lettering Change. - 09/14/19 05:41 AM
Originally Posted by hbiss
What is the name given to the old Lucent Technologies logo?

What you get when you put your coffee cup down on your desk calendar and it's got some coffee on the bottom.

-Hal

I remember a Dillbert comic strip where a coffee cup was used to make the logo. Referred to it as the "Evil Circle"? ponder
Posted By: dexman Re: AT&T Logo Lettering Change. - 09/14/19 05:50 AM
Originally Posted by Arthur P. Bloom
I believe that there were two different logos; one upper case for the old stuff, and lower case for mobile. I could be wrong.

I remember the logo changed after the company was acquired by Bell South. I think that was the switch to all lowercase letters. Then again, I'm in Verizon land where logo tweaks happen regularly. crazy
Posted By: Touch Tone Tommy Re: AT&T Logo Lettering Change. - 09/14/19 06:06 PM
I remember a Dillbert comic strip where a coffee cup was used to make the logo. Referred to it as the "Evil Circle"?

The Lucent Logo was "the brown ring of quality", and "Lucent" morphed into "Lucifer Technologies"

Self-serving link
Posted By: dexman Re: AT&T Logo Lettering Change. - 09/15/19 01:00 AM
Ah! laugh

Thank you TTT!
Posted By: EV607797 Re: AT&T Logo Lettering Change. - 09/16/19 06:08 AM
I was at a pre-bid conference for a government project and some Lucent people were there. We all asked them about it, as it was also new to them (they had come from ATT). They said that it's the window looking into the future of new technology, as in using your hand to wipe a circle on a foggy window to see outside. I'm not sure how valid that was, but at the time, we believed it.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help