atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Ruben Just upgraded this site's forum software today - 11/10/19 09:04 PM
I will add a feedback posting shortly
👍
thumbsup
Ruben it looks so clean, I love it! Every buddy give Rubin a hand
:)))))

🖐
Okay everybody remember to "Rate your Mood"
:)))))
Still having issues with WIN KEY + Period
Emojis may display correctly or display ????

????
Originally Posted by Professor Shadow
Still having issues with WIN KEY + Period
Emojis may display correctly or display ????

????
It appears to not work fine for me either.
What browser and windows version are you using
????
Using firefox
using ms edge
????
using Google Chrome ????

Version 79.0.3945.88 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Using Opera ?

Version is 65.0.3467.78
Firefox
71.0 (64-bit)
Microsoft Edge 44.18362.449.0

Microsoft EdgeHTML 18.18363
Seems to work at the vendors site.
Do you think they will let me use they computers? ????
I was just wondering what the difference was.
Server config,software version or some setting.
They are using a beta version so maybe that is it.
But I suspect it is the graemilins installed here.. Because that is not functioning correctly.
I have it set to show only the default with a button to expand to see all of them.
Is it just me or is the site really sluggish lately? If I reply or make a post with Edge, it will time out and eventually get a "Page cannot be displayed" error. With Chrome, everything takes a long time to open or post. Sometimes have to close the browser and reopen to get page to respond.
Yes it has.
Been working on it.
Originally Posted by Ruben
Yes it has.
Been working on it.

Thank you smile

I have attempted to limit access by country but that get work intensive to up date every month.
Right now it it 37,000 rows of Ip's for just China,Hong Kong. and Russia.

Also the forum is getting a little large and the red numbers you see that count how many unread posts causes a huge hit on the site.
I had it disable and then turned it on for a while.
Well now I turned it back off.

Think about it for every single user visit it recalculates how many you have not read.
We have 633,000 posts that are indexed for every visitor every time they visit.
It still indicates the unread posts but does not display how many.

I also am pursuing using a cdn which caches the views and speeds it up.
But there is a cost and finding one that will work well for us is difficult. without trying one..
And they come with a monthly cost.
Site was unusable this morning. Just sat there trying to load. Working well now! Whatever you got rid of keep it that way.

-Hal
Oops! Spoke too soon. Posting that reply took forever. Apparently it posts to the forum but the writer never gets rid of the reply page.

-Hal
Originally Posted by hbiss
Oops! Spoke too soon. Posting that reply took forever. Apparently it posts to the forum but the writer never gets rid of the reply page.

-Hal
Hal, you need to do what I did to solve the issue. I skipped the wireless and upgraded my RJ-45 to a RJ48C. grin
Had exactly the same problem after upgrading over at the Holt board. Nobody could figure it out, the company that provided the software was useless. (Can't remember now if it was UBB.) That's when they decided to dump the whole thing and switch to XenForo which works great.

-Hal
I finally upgraded php from 5.6 to 7.2
The forum was designed for php7
So it should help.
But I had to fatfinger all the settings so let me know if something broke or started to work.

Still trying to find a easy way to block all the countries attacking the site which slows it down.
[Linked Image]
There is a new forum release that should fix the emoji issue.
Waiting a bit to update.
So it should help.
But I had to fatfinger all the settings so let me know if something broke or started to work.

Still trying to find a easy way to block all the countries attacking the site which slows it down.

Do you happen to have geo filtering or something on the firewall protecting the sites connection?
Trying emoji after upgrade'
😃❤😉🎉
It works but I need to work on something else. for the emails
Emojis
🎂✨🤦‍♂️😍
Originally Posted by Biztel Cuban Okie Tech
So it should help.

Do you happen to have geo filtering or something on the firewall protecting the sites connection?
I have done that using cloudflare because the host did not provide blocking by country.
It was to labor intensive to manually block ip ranges in htaccess.
I was over 37,000 rows of ip ranges that update monthly.
It is somewhat under control now.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help