atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Anonymous Grandstream won't accept pulse dialing - 01/10/20 07:46 PM
I have hooked up a grandstream ht802 and have everything done up to FXS Port 1 registered, but can't get the pulse dialing to work on lets say a western electric 500 what have i done wrong?
Posted By: justbill Re: Grandstream won't accept pulse dialing - 01/10/20 07:57 PM
What's wrong is most if not all digital service won't accept pulse dialing, you'll nee to put a pulse to tone converter on it if you want to use your old rotary dial phone.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Grandstream won't accept pulse dialing - 01/10/20 08:02 PM
Originally Posted by justbill
What's wrong is most if not all digital service won't accept pulse dialing, you'll nee to put a pulse to tone converter on it if you want to use your old rotary dial phone.
A little while ago Carl Navaro said this device would work with pulse dialing, and according to this post in another forum its supposed to work.this link
Posted By: justbill Re: Grandstream won't accept pulse dialing - 01/10/20 08:14 PM
Well it evidently doesn't
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Grandstream won't accept pulse dialing - 01/10/20 08:21 PM
Oh well thank you anyhow
Posted By: ChrisRR Re: Grandstream won't accept pulse dialing - 01/10/20 10:53 PM
I have the HT702's and I can confirm they do work with pulse dialing, but they are extremely finnicky about timing. An electronic phone that pulse dials will almost always work fine, but mechanical dials are hit or miss. Typically it'll dial an incorrect number as opposed to not working at all. Having just looked at the link you posted, have you checked to see if it has the most recent firmware. First thing that caught my eye in that post was a note about needing a 2017 or later firmware.
Posted By: dexman Re: Grandstream won't accept pulse dialing - 01/11/20 02:28 PM
I recently discovered that, when I connect a rotary dial Western Electric telephone to the phone port on the back of my Canon imageCLASS MF726Cdw all in one, the machine converts dial pulse to touch tone. The Verizon FiOS ONT in our house does accept dial pulse, so, if I ever chose to connect any of our rotary dial phones, they will work. smile
Posted By: ChrisRR Re: Grandstream won't accept pulse dialing - 01/15/20 12:42 AM
Originally Posted by dexman
I recently discovered that, when I connect a rotary dial Western Electric telephone to the phone port on the back of my Canon imageCLASS MF726Cdw all in one, the machine converts dial pulse to touch tone. The Verizon FiOS ONT in our house does accept dial pulse, so, if I ever chose to connect any of our rotary dial phones, they will work. smile

I always thought the ONT's would only accept tone dialing. That's good to know.
Posted By: dexman Re: Grandstream won't accept pulse dialing - 01/15/20 09:38 AM
I suppose the ONT can be optioned to accept pulse dialing. If so, our unit was set to allow it. smile
Just a fyi, even if it doesn't support the rotary dial, you can fix set the number dialed by the hotline feature. This works well for much older phones including military field phones.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help