atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: crustlord Panasonic VB-42050 cordless phones? - 07/20/20 05:06 AM
Hi,
I've done some phone system repairs and programming before, but I'm out of my depth on a system upgrade/solution design question here. I'd like to expand my knowledge. Any help greatly appreciated!

Issue: Business wants to upgrade their 4 old Panasonic DBS corded phones to cordless. They are attached to a Panasonic VB-42050, and these are the only phones at the business. Business has 4 phone lines and needs to keep 4 line functionality. I'm unfamiliar with this old hardware and I'm not finding much online. I've only worked with Mitel PBX before.
-Are there any cordless phones that are compatible with the VB-42050?
-If not, is there any point in keeping the VB unit?
-If a replacement for the VB is the way to go, what are some good budget-conscious solutions for 4 lines and 4 cordless phones for business?

Thanks for any help!
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Panasonic VB-42050 cordless phones? - 07/20/20 05:20 AM
That system is long gone with regard to updated hardware. Your best bet in this instance would be to replace the whole thing with one of the 4-line "systems" sold in office supply stores that utilize one base unit with four lines and multiple wireless handsets.

Here's an example of one of them:

TAKE A LOOK HERE, ALTHOUGH THERE ARE MANY AVAILABLE
Posted By: hitechcomm Re: Panasonic VB-42050 cordless phones? - 07/20/20 05:58 PM
Ed gave a good solution, but Hosted is also another solution with today"s technology. Not many hardware systems still around. A Partner system would have been great, but that is also long gone.
Posted By: crustlord Re: Panasonic VB-42050 cordless phones? - 07/20/20 07:25 PM
Thank you guys for the advice!!
Posted By: hitechcomm Re: Panasonic VB-42050 cordless phones? - 07/21/20 10:17 PM
Any more concerns were here to help.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help