atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: davetel fax trouble - 10/11/21 10:32 PM
my customer can send and recieve faxes except for one hospital that cant send to. but other people seem to be able to fax the hospital. everytime they try to send to this hospital it says code ng indicating poor line condition. i suspected the carrier. frontier. frontier tech came out and said they had dialtone and the line is good. any ideas on this. thanks. dave.
Posted By: dexman Re: fax trouble - 10/12/21 12:36 PM
Is it possible to move the customer's fax machine to another telephone line for additional testing? Are both locations Frontier customers? Are they both serviced by the same Central Office? Is there another fax machine at the customer location that can be used for testing purposes? ponder
Posted By: JBean3329 Re: fax trouble - 10/12/21 02:35 PM
Try calling the hospital fax number with a butt set using the fax line in question. If you get any type of error message, report the problem to the customer's carrier. If you hear fax tones from the other end, there's an issue with the sending fax not quite relating to the hospitals handshakes.
Posted By: ffej010 Re: fax trouble - 10/21/21 03:31 AM
Try lowering the transmission speed of the fax machine to 9600 and see if that makes any difference. Chances are VoIP is carrying this transmission somewhere between point A and point B, and I have found that lowering the Tx speed to be helpful.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help