atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: bdunne Technician on-call solution - 08/11/22 06:18 PM
I have a customer with a service company that has 6 technicians. Any one of them can be on call at any time for emergencies. I have set up their PBX with an extension that receives calls from the IVR, and all the techs have a smartphone app registered to the same extension that can change its presence status. Each presence has a different call route with multiple destinations so there can be a primary and a backup tech, and it works great except it's not customizable so that they have to select "in office" for Wade and Bob, "Away" for Lisa and RIck, "On a business trip" for Tandalayo and Fred, and so on.

My problem is they need to add new ( up to 12) technicians and don't wan t have to reprogram call routes every time there's a change- they want to do it on the fly.

Right now the tech that is on call selects the presence on the app and everyone else can see the status change on their smartphone. When the tech is no longer on call he changes the presence to the appropriate one and everyone else can again see it. Am I dreaming, thinking that I should be able to do this without a 24 hour call centre?

Are there any applications that could do this as simply as I have this set up already?

Brian Dunne
ETC Telecom
etctel.ca
Posted By: nortelvoip Re: Technician on-call solution - 08/11/22 11:02 PM
What PBX are they using now?
Posted By: bdunne Re: Technician on-call solution - 08/12/22 05:52 PM
It's an Allworx Connect.
Posted By: nortelvoip Re: Technician on-call solution - 08/19/22 10:48 PM
If they have ACD and mobile softphones you could give each of them an extension and they can log into and out of the queue.
Posted By: Bushmills Re: Technician on-call solution - 03/28/23 05:25 PM
If there are two, a primary and back up at any given time. You could have two extensions, a primary and secondary extension in a sequential ring group. Then all the techs could have the app, but disable the account if they aren't the one on call. There wouldn't be a way for other folks to, at a glance see who were the techs on call that way though.

Tricky....
Posted By: hitechcomm Re: Technician on-call solution - 03/29/23 05:07 PM
Move this to the Allworks header, you may get better response
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help