atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: hwintcher Telrad 4 Button Mute Function - 07/09/01 05:32 PM
This office uses a 4 and 8 button Telrad System. Recently we had a glitch that required a system reboot. The mute function does not work with the handset off the hook on the 4 button phones. The tech says this function never did work and never will unless we buy a software upgrade. Is this correct?
Posted By: dtmf Re: Telrad 4 Button Mute Function - 07/09/01 06:47 PM
If it was working before you reset then it should work again. Let me know what system and what ver. you are using. If its a 2464 you should be able to push the two volume buttons at the bottom of the phone at the same time to mute and un-mute the call. To be honest with you there is no upgrade for mute ,its a standard feature. Let me know how it goes.
dtmf

[This message has been edited by dtmf (edited 07-09-2001).]
Posted By: Test-ok Re: Telrad 4 Button Mute Function - 07/09/01 10:24 PM
hwintcher
Whats the cat # on the bottom of the 2 phones. If the 4 button phone is a 73-100-1025 or 1026 (what dtmf said, volume buttons) [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]
Posted By: hwintcher Re: Telrad 4 Button Mute Function - 07/12/01 03:01 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by test-ok:
hwintcher
Whats the cat # on the bottom of the 2 phones. If the 4 button phone is a 73-100-1025 or 1026 (what dtmf said, volume buttons) [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]
</font>

Thanks for the prompt response. The cat number of my phone is 79-400-0000/B. A bit of history may be useful. We have two facilities that both have Telrad systems. These same type phones are used on both. According to the tech, the difference is the software program in the facility we are currently in is 4 years older than the version used in the other facility. When we moved, we brought our individual phones with us. The mute function worked perfectly in the other facility and I thought it initially worked here when we moved in but we were only here two weeks when we noticed it didn't. That was following a weekend storm that knocked all the phones out and they had to be reset. Even our 16 button phones with the talk back speaker phone capability will only mute the microphone when using the speaker phone option. When using the handset, the mute lights up but doesn't work. I don't know what software version is in use but again, the techs say that is the culprit.
Posted By: Test-ok Re: Telrad 4 Button Mute Function - 07/12/01 08:54 PM
79-400-0000/B
is a digital phone. It could be the programming. If you can tell me what system you have (818 or a 128) and the version of software I'm sure we can get the problem fixed for ya. To find the ver. turn off the power to the system and pull the MPD card, on that card you'll find a memory cartridge, there's where the version will be. Plug it back in and don't force it. Let us know.
Posted By: hwintcher Re: Telrad 4 Button Mute Function - 07/13/01 09:35 AM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by test-ok:
79-400-0000/B
is a digital phone. It could be the programming. If you can tell me what system you have (818 or a 128) and the version of software I'm sure we can get the problem fixed for ya. To find the ver. turn off the power to the system and pull the MPD card, on that card you'll find a memory cartridge, there's where the version will be. Plug it back in and don't force it. Let us know.
</font>

Thanks. I asked the tech and the only info he had was it is a Telrad 400 system. I will show him this other info. Out of curiosity, what if any costs are associated with fixing this problem?

Thanks
Posted By: dtmf Re: Telrad 4 Button Mute Function - 07/13/01 10:34 AM
You have a digital 400 system, and you should be able to program a mute button to any phone you want.Program it as a HM (handset mute)button.
dtmf

[This message has been edited by dtmf (edited 07-13-2001).]
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help