atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Kirk Any info on Telrad Equip - 12/18/01 01:59 PM
I currently manage a network for a small engineering firm, and have been also been given phone management duties.

We currently have a Telrad Digital Key BX 8/18 (v 3.x?)along with a Telrad IVM (v 4.00d) in our first site. Our other office has another matching 8/18 and all it's voice mail is piped back to the first office over a 6 channel point to point connection.

I'm clueless when it comes to adding phones to the system, and just about every other aspect of the phone system. I'm also tired of getting hit with a $100 dollar bill every time we want to move one of our phones.

I'm looking for information on how to manage this system. I'll still call our service provider for major things, but I don't think it's beyond my mental abilities (arguably)to perform a phone move, add a new phone, or other simple tasks.

Does anyone have any links to any Telrad documentation or where I can get the operating software? Any other suggested reading would be aprieciated. The only manuals I've seen for the system are the manuals that come with the phones.

Thanks.
Posted By: phnut Re: Any info on Telrad Equip - 12/18/01 03:21 PM
Stick to the 100 a pop but if you insist on working on it I can help you with the software but I'm telling you and warning you your better off, telrads can really get screwed up if you don't know what you doing. One wrong change will dump a but load of programming for you to have to figure out again. Plus you regular service guy will hit you up for more for a service call because he'll have to back the system up so he can get in to make his changes.
Posted By: Test-ok Re: Any info on Telrad Equip - 12/18/01 05:38 PM
Kirk
here's a site where you can get some doc's
https://www.tel-programmer.com/

You might need to give him a call for that one, not sure if it's on line, he's also an excellent programmer on that system. if you have the info he can talk you through it over the phone.
Hope this helps
[Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

one other thing, make sure you keep a current backup, just incase you mess something up. [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help