atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Mickamg Telrad 128 PRI setup - 02/12/04 06:41 AM
Hello again!
I have a 128 working with COL cards, that I want to transition to PRI. It is running 6.05 software, and I have the programming kit. I made a copy of the current config.cfg, and have made what I think are all the necessary changes to make the PRI card active. Is there anything I need to know (maybe a list of essentials) to be sure this will work when I upload the new config? One question was the Priorities of the existing CO trunks and the PRI trunks, can they co-exist? I want to run with both until I know the PRI is working, then drop the CO's. Also, what needs to be set if the PRI has a DID block of 50 numbers that I want to map to 50 3 digit extensions?
Posted By: SSPhone Re: Telrad 128 PRI setup - 02/12/04 08:23 AM
Your first concern should be are all of the software chips the correct verision. Do you have the correct settings on your PRI? The later ver 6 softwares support NI2 but he 6.05 didn't. You need to setup LCR to use the PRI and Trunks correctly. DID's are no problem this how most PRI's route calls anyway. Also make sure you have room to add the PRI and contuine to use the CO's. Remember DID's take up highways. Do you have enough DTMF receivers in the system? These are a few of the questions you need to know the answer to before you cut over.

[This message has been edited by SSPhone (edited February 12, 2004).]
Posted By: Mickamg Re: Telrad 128 PRI setup - 02/13/04 05:25 AM
This system had a PRI in its past, which the previous tennant of the building had shut down when they left. I checked the switch and it appears I have 7 DTMFS and 12 voice channels. NI2?
Posted By: SSPhone Re: Telrad 128 PRI setup - 02/13/04 06:42 AM
NI2 is in reference to the type of switch being used by the provider and the Protocol for the curcuit. D100 for DMS100 5ESS for a 5ESS switch. If they had a pri before the protocol may have been set to custom not national as the Telrad didnt support NI2 until later versions of release 6.
Posted By: Mickamg Re: Telrad 128 PRI setup - 02/14/04 05:44 AM
The CLEC has a 5ESS, so that is what I had it set to. If it is a 5ESS providing PRI, do I have to use custom? What's your take on the number of DTMF'S? For the moment, I just want to load the new config, place some calls tothe new DID numbers, and see if they ring at he extensions. Which, by the way, I set up in NETWORK TT, mapping 9101 to x.301, 9102 to x.302, etc. Is that it, or do I need to make some changes elsewhere?
Posted By: SSPhone Re: Telrad 128 PRI setup - 02/15/04 08:18 AM
You dont need to route using the networking table just set your DID's in DID routing to ring at the station. Do the phones have Float buttons or are they set as PBX mode?
Posted By: Mickamg Re: Telrad 128 PRI setup - 02/16/04 07:08 AM
As of right now, they are set as PBX (default). Is there any advantage to setting them any other way? And is there anything else I need to have a DID range of 9101 - 9150 ring at extensions 301-350?

I'll change those Network settings to DID routings. I hope to test this tonight, so any help is appreciated.

Mike
Posted By: SSPhone Re: Telrad 128 PRI setup - 02/16/04 08:34 AM
Mike I offer tech support by phone, my number is in my profile. There is a DID routing section in the programming thats where you set the received digits to ring to whatever station you want.
Posted By: Mickamg Re: Telrad 128 PRI setup - 02/16/04 12:51 PM
I may take you up on that! I'm going over there tonight to run the test. Cutover is scheduled for the 23rd. What is your availability for tech support? (btw, I have changed the settings in the DID routing, and taken them out of the TT in Network)

Mike
Posted By: SSPhone Re: Telrad 128 PRI setup - 02/16/04 03:53 PM
You got mail
Tried to send you mail but your email address in your profile is bad

[This message has been edited by SSPhone (edited February 16, 2004).]
Posted By: Mickamg Re: Telrad 128 PRI setup - 02/16/04 11:50 PM
Yep, it sure was! I had a nasty habit early on of putting .com instead of .net at the end of my address. It's correct now. I did the test, and all seems OK, there are still a couple of bugs. Most evident is the fact that I can't get the LCR set to use the PRI (TG 2) to make the calls instead of the CO trunks.
Posted By: Mickamg Re: Telrad 128 PRI setup - 02/16/04 11:54 PM
Also, how do I want to set up the reception phone to handle the PRI calls, if she currently is set up as a key set with line appearances?
Posted By: SSPhone Re: Telrad 128 PRI setup - 02/17/04 05:02 AM
you need float keys
Posted By: Mickamg Re: Telrad 128 PRI setup - 02/17/04 05:14 AM
You mentioned the float keys before, and most of the phones do have two of them, even though *I think* they are set up as PBX phones. Will I need 23 float buttons?
Posted By: SSPhone Re: Telrad 128 PRI setup - 02/17/04 12:32 PM
no two maybe three are fine
They are there for apperence only
Posted By: Mickamg Re: Telrad 128 PRI setup - 02/20/04 11:11 PM
Sure wish I knew what the resolution was to sksmich on December 9. PRI & SBC.

That sounds like its my problem too.
Posted By: SSPhone Re: Telrad 128 PRI setup - 02/23/04 05:04 AM
Mike
I worked with him also. He found the SBC was using a Nortel DSM100 switch not a 5ESS. He had SBC rebuild the curcuit to DMS100 Custom and its up and running. Your PRI was up before the porting of your lines and a program change. And it was set for 5ESS before the change and was tested and working. Right? You had made calls in and out on the channels that were up before the porting.
Posted By: Mickamg Re: Telrad 128 PRI setup - 02/24/04 05:18 AM
Actually, I had placed calls into the switch, but the line preferences were still set to use the SBC trunks for outgoing calls. I worked with the CLEC yesterday, and they changed their 5ESS from National to Custom and bingo. The Telrad is still set to 5ESS, but it all works. I'm going to reload the new config WEDNESDAY night :-)
One question. Is there some type of Call Park feature that will allow the receptionist to place a call somewhere that a user can pick up without sending it to mail? She said calls come in and when she screens the call to the recipient, they may say "tell them to hold for a minute." Where does she put the call so the recipient can pick it up?

Mike
Posted By: SSPhone Re: Telrad 128 PRI setup - 02/24/04 10:32 AM
Mike
If she has a big display phone she can hold 6 line and see them on her display. The only other way is to make a pbx mdn with no forward to voicemail. But hold recall time needs to be checked to allow for longer recall time.
Posted By: Mickamg Re: Telrad 128 PRI setup - 02/25/04 05:26 AM
If she is holding them at the front desk, are there a number she can give to the person to dial to get the call? Or if I go with the MDN, can the person do some type of directed call pickup to get the call on that MDN?
Posted By: SSPhone Re: Telrad 128 PRI setup - 02/25/04 06:11 AM
use the pickup button on the phone and dial the group number
Posted By: Mickamg Re: Telrad 128 PRI setup - 03/10/04 09:18 PM
All went well with the cutover, with one exception. With the change of the Attendant's phone to PABX, she lost the DSS console. It is still assigned as ADDON1 to her extension, but it doesn't work. You press any button on it and it momentarily flashes, but that's it.
Posted By: SSPhone Re: Telrad 128 PRI setup - 03/11/04 07:34 AM
Look in Attendent programming- Attendent Definition. Is she set for ATC1 or answering position?
Then check DSS programming- DSS map assignments and programmable keys. Also make sure the MAP button is lit. ie MAP1 for 1st DSS unit
Posted By: Mickamg Re: Telrad 128 PRI setup - 03/11/04 02:25 PM
She is set to answering position. I assumed it was the default, so I didn't mess with it. The MAP1 DSS assignment is the one I want, but the button doesn't stay lit when you press it. It flashes and goes out justlike the rest of the buttons.
Posted By: SSPhone Re: Telrad 128 PRI setup - 03/15/04 05:49 PM
open the phone and make sure the ribbon cable is connected good.
Posted By: Mickamg Re: Telrad 128 PRI setup - 03/19/04 12:11 PM
The cable is connected well. The settings for that phone did not change except for the conversion from Key to PABX type, and the MR assignments. Is it possible that if MAP 1 from before doesn't match MAP 1 now, it won't detect the DSS unit?
Posted By: Mickamg Re: Telrad 128 PRI setup - 05/03/04 09:10 PM
Just to put this one to bed...I took the ADDON1 off the extension, the saved and loaded the change. Then I put the ADDON1 back on and saved/loaded the change and Viola !!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help