atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: telcobear emagen and transfering recorded prompts - 05/10/04 12:36 PM
I had some prompts recorded for a client and I want to transfer them to the system. They are in WAV format, and I currently have root access to my emagen linux box. How can I convert the wav format files to the emagen format.

Recording via speaker and handset has yielded inferior results.

Thanks for your time
Posted By: dtmf Re: emagen and transfering recorded prompts - 05/12/04 07:06 AM
I have never tried it to be honest with you. Maybe someone else will know.
Posted By: tony3866 Re: emagen and transfering recorded prompts - 05/12/04 08:10 PM
If you figure it out let us know!!!
Posted By: SSPhone Re: emagen and transfering recorded prompts - 05/13/04 04:51 AM
Not sure your going to be able to do this. I do know if you have unified message installed your voice messages are converted to wav files and are emailed to you to be played with media player or if you have the Text to speech license you can listen to your email messages through you voicemail box. But as far as the mailbox recording I dont know.
Ok .. Figured it out .. Prompts are stored in dialogic VOX format .. 8000hz Mono format.

The files are stored in /usr/T3/vox/ENG .. the *.VOX files are the defaults .. the *.ENG are the customer recorded prompts

You need root access to the server. Email me for the root password.

Dexster is downloadable from the web and can convert wav's to vox format.

Remember when saving the file to convert to 8000hz mono
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help