atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: exec001 Dialing into emaGen - 06/02/04 01:49 PM
Hello,

Does anyone have an idea on what, if anything can be done about this issue?

It seems to be an intermittent issue, but some users have complained that when they dial into the system, and dial an extension, they get routed to the ACD queue. In the reported cases, the 2nd digit in the extensions that experienced the prooblem is the one that would route you to the ACD if pressed individually. Is there some kind of timeout that can be changed? any ideas?

Thanks a lot!
Posted By: dtmf Re: Dialing into emaGen - 06/02/04 04:05 PM
I would try an dial in to see if it is the system or user error. You say it's intermittent which causes me to think user error.
Posted By: SSPhone Re: Dialing into emaGen - 06/03/04 06:02 AM
Do you have access to the EmaGen programmer? Are you using scripts when routing calls?
Posted By: exec001 Re: Dialing into emaGen - 06/03/04 06:50 AM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by dtmf:
I would try an dial in to see if it is the system or user error. You say it's intermittent which causes me to think user error.</font>

Yeah, I have tried to dial in myself and have never experienced the problem, using cell phone or land line w/ local # or 800#. Definitely strange...and I would agree that it is most likely user error! [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com] but it would help my arguement if I had more concrete facts you know?

Thanks for your help!!
Posted By: exec001 Re: Dialing into emaGen - 06/03/04 06:51 AM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SSPhone:
Do you have access to the EmaGen programmer? Are you using scripts when routing calls? </font>

Yes I do have access to the programmer (the emagen web interface) I believe there are scripts to route calls...yes there are several script mailboxes...does that help?
Posted By: SSPhone Re: Dialing into emaGen - 06/03/04 11:07 AM
I would check the script action tables to make sure there is not a conflict.
Posted By: exec001 Re: Dialing into emaGen - 06/04/04 12:10 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SSPhone:
I would check the script action tables to make sure there is not a conflict.</font>

Thanks for your help, will try!
Posted By: telcobear Re: Dialing into emaGen - 06/07/04 12:29 PM
I've had problems with timing on entering digits ..

For that very reason I've forced the issue and told all callers they need to dial 1+the extension they are calling.

That lets me use 2-9 in action prompts throughout the system
Posted By: SSPhone Re: Dialing into emaGen - 06/08/04 01:22 PM
Alot of these issues will be solved with 10.3 the scripts and the dial actions are alot easier to program. bear your going back to the ImaGen days but what ever works you may want to change the script to time out sooner but that could lead to more issues. I got use to the pause when I started installing the Toshiba Staratgy voicemails. I just tell the customer its looking for one of those 1 million mailboxs you have.
Posted By: tony3866 Re: Dialing into emaGen - 06/08/04 07:43 PM
I would also try to change the trunk setting. I've seen this before if your using pot's line's it see's one digit but not the others. I've always make them very long in the e-manger programing.

Find out if it's long distance's call, that is a good sign of this problem.
Posted By: tony3866 Re: Dialing into emaGen - 06/08/04 07:44 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by tony3866:
I would also try to change the trunk setting. I've seen this before if your using pot's line's it see's one digit but not the others. I've always make them very long in the e-manger programing.

Find out if it's long distance's call, that is a good sign of this problem.
</font>

On certain lines when you do your test call you could be on a good line.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help