atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: jfmd1 Migrating a Telrad Digital Key BX - 10/13/04 01:08 PM
I've found this at a very good price, already fully installed with 20 phones attached to the dbx and a PC for voicemail. The business is relocating and will not need this phone system at their new location. I'm a PC tech with very little experience with telecom systems, and I need to uninstall the whole thing, then take it about a hundred miles away to the place where I'll be reinstalling it..
My questions are:
-Is the uninstall obvious enough? Or are there parts (other than phones, dbx, voicemail) that I might miss?
-Assuming I can take the whole thing apart with no problem, is its reinstallation straightforward enough? Is there an illustrated wiring diagram of the Telrad DBX availible - or possibly of a digital phone system that works the same way?

Thanks for your help!

John
Posted By: Test-ok Re: Migrating a Telrad Digital Key BX - 10/13/04 01:19 PM
If you are not knowledgeable on that system, take it down and put it back up the same way...take notes when de installing it as to where things came from. On the 25 pair cables, mark them and take the block that it's wired to...take off the station cabling if it's on the same block (that stays with the building). Make sure you take all the cords that's attached to the System. Make sure you power it down b-4 un-installing it.
That's all I can think of.
Good Luck

------------------
| Need a Telephone | Telephone Installers
Posted By: dtmf Re: Migrating a Telrad Digital Key BX - 10/13/04 01:24 PM
That's about all I could suggest also.Put it up the same way it comes down.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help