atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: amcycler Moving Extensions - 03/16/05 10:59 AM
Hi,

Forgive me if this is redundant but I've searched through the posts and can't find anything on moving extensions.
Our company recently installed a TelRad UnitE 128 system and now some people have moved around internally and I want to have their extensions follow them. For now I've just rewired the patch panels reroute the DN's to the proper user but I don't want the panel to look like a pile of spaggetti. I've looked the the documentation we we're provided, it covers through version 7, we're running 8+, and I can't find anything that tells how to do this. Can you point me in the right direction?

TIA

Joe
Posted By: SSPhone Re: Moving Extensions - 03/16/05 01:51 PM
You can move extension in programming but you will need a programming cable and software and maybe some tech support. Were these on patch panels or wire to 66 blocks?

------------------
ssimpson@oneringtelecom.com Need a Telrad Programmer Kit? Telrad Programmer Kits
Posted By: amcycler Re: Moving Extensions - 03/16/05 02:01 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SSPhone:
You can move extension in programming but you will need a programming cable and software and maybe some tech support. Were these on patch panels or wire to 66 blocks?

</font>

They are wired to patch panels. I already have the software and cables and have been administrating it for awhile. The admin guides I received are dated from back in 99. I've looked in the online help and looked there. I've gone to Station Features, Station Attributes and tried to change the DN in relation to the Current Physical Station but I get the error "Warning No Free Temporary Virtual MDN" I also tried going to System Configuration, Card Configuration and transfering the unit from one card to the other, but I'm not sure if that is the right way to do it.

Joe
Posted By: unclejay78 Re: Moving Extensions - 03/17/05 04:04 AM
The patch panel is the best way to relocate ext's. That is the only reason I know why people are putting them on patch panels so the end user can do it anytime.
Posted By: SSPhone Re: Moving Extensions - 03/17/05 05:51 AM
jay is right on the button here move your patch cables and leave the programming alone so you panels ID labling remains correct. If your looking like spaghetti it time to install some wire management. For example https://www.hubbellcatalog.com/hubbellpremise/datasheet.asp?PN=HC219GC36&FAM=HorizontalCManage
Posted By: dtmf Re: Moving Extensions - 03/17/05 07:01 AM
I agree, use the patch panels. If you start moving stations in programming over time your panels will not match at all.
Posted By: amcycler Re: Moving Extensions - 03/17/05 08:04 AM
thanks guys for the feedback. i'll go with that route
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help