atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: kkell11400 Telrad IVM Voicemail - 03/28/05 07:05 PM
My company is currently running the Telrad IVM Voicemail Version 4.000 . My Question is we are looking for a backup system, just in case the one we have goes down. I have found a system That is running Version 3.000 . To upgrade this system to 4.000, is it just a matter of installing the version 4.000 software or is there going to have to be some hardware changes also? The system we are running is an eight port system and the system we are looking to purchase is an eight port system. Thanks for any help!

Thanks,
Keith
Posted By: tony3866 Re: Telrad IVM Voicemail - 03/29/05 05:07 AM
To purchase another 8 port system would be expensive. You might want to look to upgrade to the new equiment you can just back that up to your network (and that keeps all your MSG). You can't do that in the early version as easy. But you would have to check out the cost and see if it's worth if you need to have a back-up. you can upgrade 3.00 to 4.00 with just the disk software.
I'm 90% sure of that but someone else will will comfirm that on this MSG broad.

------------------
Need cable or other voice/data hardware? Here's your link. Telephone Supplies
Posted By: SSPhone Re: Telrad IVM Voicemail - 03/29/05 07:42 AM
Keith
The last Ver of software for the IVM was 4.00K. If you were to buy the used ver 3 you can delete the ivm programs and load the level 4 software but before you do you want to make sure the spare voicemail is operational and all voice ports work. Nothing like having a spare parts machine with bad parts. You have to remember 3 and 4 look alot alike but are very different. As of release 4 the AppGen program was used to set menu options. I find that most of the ImaGen's and IVM's that go bad are the PC's themselves or the parts that are failing not the DVC or AVC cards.
As far as upgrades that Tony wrote about the new IPeX server has the new EmaGen voicemail on board so no external PC and no external connects to the OCD and no OCD for that matter. The EmaGen is Linux based and becomes part of you network for easy management. It inskin is expandable to 28 ports all by licenses. If you need more info give me a call (profile) or email.

------------------
ssimpson@oneringtelecom.com Need a Telrad Programmer Kit? Telrad Programmer Kits
Posted By: Test-ok Re: Telrad IVM Voicemail - 03/29/05 09:09 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I find that most of the ImaGen's and IVM's that go bad are the PC's themselves or the parts that are failing not the DVC or AVC cards.</font>
White man speaks truth. [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]
All you really need is a back-up computer, then move the interface catds over and your back up. No reason to buy back up interface cards.

------------------
| Need a Telephone | Telephone Installers
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help