atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: fon_guy IVM 2 software - 07/11/06 07:26 PM
someone recently donated a 2464 with an ivm 2 voicemail to my church, i know it ain't much but it's a step up from the nec electra 616 they got now.
anyway, i got volunteered to install it. when i got everything the ivm worked just fine, but one of the kids helping me, who considers himself a computer genius but was still facinated by a machine running dos, 'somehow' :shrug: ran the 'vminstall' program :bang: . now when i try to run it, it says 'no rates file', 'incomplete installation' then kicks me to the dos prompt....

is there any way to save this installation?

if not.

are the install disks still available anywhere?

if not

are there any 'still available' vm's that'll work?

if not

anyone need a new data dork who knows everything about computers EXCEPT how to hit ctrl c to cancel a dos program?

thanks for any help :bow:
have fun :toothy:
rich
Posted By: tony3866 Re: IVM 2 software - 07/12/06 06:21 AM
Rich need to know what versio0n he loaded on to your IVM computer. I'm sure the machine can work again. But lets see if we can can the orginal back. I have the disk for everything, But I need to know if it's 5 1/2 or 3 1/4 disk drive and what version he tryed to loaded on to the IVM computer.
Posted By: fon_guy Re: IVM 2 software - 07/12/06 06:44 AM
it's got (had) ver. 2 and the pc has a 3.5" drive
Posted By: SSPhone Re: IVM 2 software - 07/14/06 04:57 AM
Try to run vminstal again and when it ask for SMDR Rates type no.
Posted By: fon_guy Re: IVM 2 software - 07/17/06 04:43 PM
ok....tried running vminstall again and still don't work....heeeeeeeelllllllpppppp
Posted By: SSPhone Re: IVM 2 software - 07/18/06 04:58 PM
when you ran vminstal did you set the ports being used by voicemail on the system?
Posted By: fon_guy Re: IVM 2 software - 07/19/06 07:42 PM
yes and prog'd the ext numbers too
Posted By: fon_guy Re: IVM 2 software - 07/25/06 04:06 PM
Tony....how much you want for some ver 2 install disks...

ever had a pastor on you keester to finish somthin'? I don't recommend....
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help