atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: tel the sky Telrad and simulated PRI - 10/03/08 09:20 AM
I have a customer who is having a Flex PRI installed by XO communications. He wants to upgrade the Telrad to work with this new circuit. XO is providing a router and a T1 jack. The trunks are 12 2-way digital channels. (not analog, So, there will be no 66 block to connect the PRI card to.) Does the customer need a T-1 card for the Telrad instead of a PRI card? Will the Telrad work well with this type of circuit?
The Telrad is an S60 pbx comm server SB7 with 1 col, 1 ocd, 1 mim, 2 uld, and 19 Avanti 3015 d's.
Thanks in advance!
Posted By: tony3866 Re: Telrad and simulated PRI - 10/03/08 10:06 AM
There is no 12-Port PRI card from Telrad. Didn't even know that Telco could provide a 12 PRI.
A pri is just like a t-1 but the 24th channel is a D-link channel that provides Data for DID and CID.

You can put a T-1 card in and only used the 12 channels if you want.
Posted By: tel the sky Re: Telrad and simulated PRI - 10/03/08 10:12 AM
Hi Tony, thanks for the quick reply.

XO is telling me that this flex pri they are installing is also called a softswitch. (The PRI is sent to the customer via internet)

I think I might just stay away from this one. Have you done one of these before?
Posted By: tony3866 Re: Telrad and simulated PRI - 10/03/08 11:01 AM
No I don't know what there talking about.
Are they saying anything about SIP trunks
Posted By: tel the sky Re: Telrad and simulated PRI - 10/03/08 11:12 AM
No. No SIP trunks. Only PRI over the internet with a block of 100 DID's, and 12 2-way channels.

Supposedly these "softswitches" are the cheapest way to get PRI to the customer.

I think you're right about the T-1 card. I'm just not sure if Telrad will work with this. (Avaya Magix won't work either, but Avaya IP Office will)
Posted By: tony3866 Re: Telrad and simulated PRI - 10/03/08 12:12 PM
I never heard of this but maybe someone else has. Good Luck
Posted By: tel the sky Re: Telrad and simulated PRI - 10/03/08 12:38 PM
Thanks, Tony; I'm going to stay away from this one!
Posted By: SSPhone Re: Telrad and simulated PRI - 10/04/08 11:31 AM
tel
We do these PRI's all the time. Some with as few as 6 lines. NuVox calls this VoxIP and PaeTec a Dynamic PRI. You just need a PRI Card and set it for NI2 and add the channels as needed.
Posted By: tony3866 Re: Telrad and simulated PRI - 10/04/08 12:38 PM
How does it know the D-link channel? Is it just set to the 24 channel?
Posted By: SSPhone Re: Telrad and simulated PRI - 10/04/08 05:39 PM
Yes D channel is 24. Not sure where the D-link channel is laugh
Posted By: tel the sky Re: Telrad and simulated PRI - 10/05/08 10:54 AM
Thanks SSphone and Tony.

SSphone, how does the Telrad interface physically with the simulated PRI? XO says they are dropping a router and one jack for the circuit at the prem. Will Telrad plug into the one jack? (one pair of wires?) Or the router? Thanks again.
Posted By: SSPhone Re: Telrad and simulated PRI - 10/05/08 06:01 PM
The routers the local CLEC's use are planly marked for internet and T1.
Posted By: SSPhone Re: Telrad and simulated PRI - 10/05/08 06:03 PM
Oh and the routers they use also serve as the CSU so you will just need a T1 cross over cable for the connection to the PRI card.
Posted By: tel the sky Re: Telrad and simulated PRI - 10/06/08 07:47 AM
Thank you soooo much!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help