atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: svt1 Convert - 11/21/13 11:05 PM
Does any one remember how to convert one version to another? I am looking working on an ipex1 2.12 cfg and have a newer ipex1 3.13 and need to load/upgrade the cfg file to the new ipex.
Thank you
Posted By: SSPhone Re: Convert - 11/25/13 02:25 PM
The convert feature is fairly easy with Emanager.
Posted By: svt1 Re: Convert - 11/26/13 12:32 PM
Thank you for the reply. I am using emanager 3.44.0.9 I’m not sure I remember exactly how the process is done. Is the source the file the one you are trying to upgrade?
Hopefully you can point me in the right direction. What I have done is a Backup of the new ipex with the 3.13. Saved the cfg. Used the old cfg file 2.12 as the source and the new cfg 3.13 as the destination in the convert window.
When I try to load the source file after the convert I get the error that: System eDA3.13QA is not compatible with conf eCA2.12”
It almost seems the file is not being converted or maybe I’m missing a step or two somewhere.
Posted By: SSPhone Re: Convert - 11/26/13 12:56 PM
way to much to type out on here. And really beyond the scope of the board. I will help you but you need to just call me. Do a new backup of the 2.12 system. Have the 3.13 IPEX ready when you do call.

MAKE SURE YOUR LICENSED in the 3.13 IPeX, the licenses will NOT move over.
Posted By: tony3866 Re: Convert - 12/02/13 11:31 PM
This is for a IPEX or MPD2 to and IPEX or MPD2. If you have a memory cartridge you need to be licensed on the IPEX or MPD2 But the convert can be done.

I just did this the other day and Forgot to, back-up the 2.12 then do the convert but change the file destination name (XXXX1.CFG). It will be converted as a 400. Upload that file into the ipex then back-up to another file.
Posted By: SSPhone Re: Convert - 12/03/13 02:02 PM
I did it for him last week Tony
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help