atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Lenus S-400 TVSE Card Location - 06/26/14 05:13 AM
Does a TVSE+ card need to be placed in a certain slot location in a regular S-400? Everytime I seat the TVSE+ card in my single S-400 cabinet, the TVSe+ works, but it causes the ULD cards to not work. When I unseat the TVSe+, the ULD cards work again. Any ideas?
Posted By: SSPhone Re: S-400 TVSE Card Location - 06/26/14 11:34 AM
No rules on where to put the card but remember a single 400 cabinet can only support 128 stations. Also if you have a SAX card I wouldn't put it in the first 3 slots. Did you check the pins on the back plane and make sure none are bent?
Try moving the TVSe to a different slot without the programming for the card, see if the ULDs stay up.
Posted By: telephonegunner Re: S-400 TVSE Card Location - 06/26/14 03:06 PM
Do the ULD's come back into service or stay out?
Posted By: Lenus Re: S-400 TVSE Card Location - 06/26/14 04:07 PM
ULDs stay out of service (solid red LED) when the TVSe+ is seated. When the TVSe+ is unseated, the ULDs come back on (blinking red LED). I am under the 128 port limit. What is also odd is if I seat another ULD (staying under the 128 port limit still) the ULD cards go solid red on the LEDs and then eventually start blinking again and come back on.

I tried moving the TVSe+ to different slots, same with the ULDs, but the same issue occurs. The first 3 slots of the cabinet are used by an IPEX2 with a 4 CO daughter card. All of the firmware is updated and software versions are correct. Just perplexing on why the system is doing this.
Posted By: telephonegunner Re: S-400 TVSE Card Location - 06/26/14 04:39 PM
We have experienced a similar problem when reseating a T1 or PRI card, but the ULD's would just reset and come back on. Always figured it was a clocking issue. May be your case as well, don't know but I wouldn't be reseating my TVSE much if its taking down your ULD's.
Posted By: Lenus Re: S-400 TVSE Card Location - 06/26/14 04:55 PM
Ok, thanks. I will play around with it and see if I can get the thing working.

© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help