atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Tim My Strata 6e and the www - 05/30/01 02:06 PM
Does anyone know how I can let my hotel guests access their e-mail and internet stuff using the jacks in their rooms? I have a Strata 6e system and EKT6000 phones. The system has worked flawlessly for 12 years, and I do not want to rewire the whole building. Thanks!
Posted By: martin Re: My Strata 6e and the www - 05/31/01 05:15 AM
are you telling us you have 2 pair to each room? with the 6e you need two pair for each extension. toshiba did make single line ports
for that system. however you have a grand total of 4 ports and you lose an electronic port each time you add a s/l port. with some second party hardware you could make it work
if you can get past the cabling issue.

martin
Posted By: Tim Re: My Strata 6e and the www - 05/31/01 12:47 PM
Martin...Yes I do have 2 pair going to each room, however, you lost me with the s/l port and the electronic port. What kind of 2nd party equipment will work? Another phone with a port (jack?) on the side, or maybe a 'magic box' with one male end and two female? I would like to solve this problem. I know of other motels that have purchased this equipment as well. We could sell enough of these to become fabulously wealthy or at buy a cup of coffee!
Posted By: martin Re: My Strata 6e and the www - 05/31/01 07:59 PM
tim
you need one more pairs at all the locations
to allow efficient distribution of your four
single line ports.as far as "magic boxes" stick with oem factory solutions. or, at least mass produced after market add-ons.
someones "mgc bx" may have taken a lot of tweaking. use some brand of modem pooling
equipment off your single line ports
martin
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help