atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: dsercu Training Question - 09/13/01 04:14 PM
Hi there,

I am new to telecommunications, so please bear with me. :-)

I am the network administrator for my company’s San Diego location and I have been recently been told I need to maintain the phone system (Toshiba DK424 w/ Stratagy voicemail system). I’ll be happy to use a trained technician to maintain the more advanced functions of the phone system, but I’d like to be able to do the simple things myself.

In an effort to learn what I could, I’ve gotten hold of the programming manual, but it’s all Greek to me. There isn’t much in the way of explaining how everything works or examples of programming basic things.

I guess what I’m trying to find out is if it’s reasonable for me to think that I can learn how to do basic programming that will allow me to move phones with offices, add lines to a phone, etc. If so, how do I go about getting trained? Is there some site on the Internet I can go to, or some dealer that can train me in the basics?

Thanks for your help!

- Dale
Posted By: martin Re: Training Question - 09/16/01 05:55 AM
ds
it all comes down to how much time you have over and above your reg job(most network admin are buried from my experience). however if you can develop a relationship w/ a local toshiba dealer he can get you trained in irvine. a good place to start is the digital station users manual. as far mac's and co line add's you might be able to homgenize everything(all phones have the same set of buttons) so you just have to move jumpers around (assuming all your frames are well labeled). if you have no experience
it will be very time consuming to get started. my advice if you already busy is hire someone who knows the animal and work with him until you can personally assess if you want to be involved. good luck!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help