atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: PhoneGuy Strategy Outbound Notification - 03/10/04 04:59 PM
Have a DK424 w/ Strategy VMail. Need to Have outbound Notification to Cell Phone. Can't seem to locate the required string in manual. Any thoughts.

Thanks in Advance.

Mike
Posted By: phonemeister Re: Strategy Outbound Notification - 03/10/04 08:35 PM
Do you have centrex or do offsite transfer capability on your lines?
Posted By: martin Re: Strategy Outbound Notification - 03/10/04 09:31 PM
go to the notify page and see if you have a template for pager.
m
Posted By: SSPhone Re: Strategy Outbound Notification - 03/11/04 06:14 AM
Do you only want it to notify or do you also want to log in when you are notified?
Posted By: PhoneGuy Re: Strategy Outbound Notification - 03/12/04 04:01 AM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SSPhone:
Do you only want it to notify or do you also want to log in when you are notified?</font>

At this point either would be fine best of worlds would be able to login when notified if possible but if not just notify.

Thanks
Mike
Posted By: SSPhone Re: Strategy Outbound Notification - 03/15/04 06:00 PM
You have mail
Posted By: martin Re: Strategy Outbound Notification - 03/16/04 10:29 AM
ss
how about putting it on the board so others can learn this. thats the way we used to do it.
jc
Posted By: martin Re: Strategy Outbound Notification - 03/18/04 05:13 AM
By pure coincidence just had a long-time customer inquire about having a customer call
in, dial a mailbox and then be connected to their cell phone. any of you toshiba guys ever make that happen? i,v not taken the time to get fluent at icon programming(strategy)
m
Posted By: martin Re: Strategy Outbound Notification - 03/18/04 05:24 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by martin:
[B]By pure coincidence just had a long-time customer inquire about having a customer call
in, dial a mailbox and then be connected to their cell phone. any of you toshiba guys ever make that happen? i,v not had the time to get fluent at icon programming(strategy)
m
Posted By: SSPhone Re: Strategy Outbound Notification - 03/18/04 05:41 AM
martin
I was going to email you but your email isnt listed. This type of programming is way to much detail for here. It takes time on the phone and in front of the Stratagy.
Posted By: phonemeister Re: Strategy Outbound Notification - 03/18/04 08:36 AM
Assume 850 is the vm pilot number.
The user's mailbox is 211.
The user's password is 1234.
In the Notify template:
850,,*211#1234#F,9,cell_number_here,,W(6,V)1H

The W(6,V) means that Stratagy waits 6 seconds for someone to answer. You can change the 6 to suit your needs.
Make sure that led 9 in program 31 is off for all vm ports.
Posted By: SSPhone Re: Strategy Outbound Notification - 03/18/04 11:15 AM
that not going to work. Your having voicemail call itself and when it connects it going to tell you thats a invalid number.
Posted By: phonemeister Re: Strategy Outbound Notification - 03/18/04 11:58 AM
I got that string from Toshiba's forum. The guy that tried it says it works. I haven't tried it myself but I don't see why it wouldn't work. Why would it say it's an invalid number?
Posted By: martin Re: Strategy Outbound Notification - 03/18/04 05:22 PM
i,m going to be working on a strategydk monday. i,ll give it a try. thanks phonemiester
m
Posted By: SSPhone Re: Strategy Outbound Notification - 03/18/04 05:58 PM
I have a Toshiba DK and a Stratagy here in my office and just for grins I put it in for notify. It didnt work for me. Your problem lies in the limitation of the system of a trunk to trunk patch. And any time you dial something that the Stratagy does see as a valid DTMF signal it will respond with that was a invalid entry.
Posted By: martin Re: Strategy Outbound Notification - 03/19/04 05:13 AM
thanks ss
i,ve tried to edit my profile several times.
(insert)e-mail. it never seems to take. i,ll
try again.
m
i stand corrected it,s in there now

[This message has been edited by martin (edited March 19, 2004).]
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help