atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: chazrc New 424 - 04/05/04 05:14 PM
On a new 424 install do you have to go thru all the initialize steps? Or can you put the boards in, assign the pcb's in prgramming and start programming database?
Posted By: martin Re: New 424 - 04/05/04 05:51 PM
unless you are doing a move and the company is using the same configuration. it,s a good idea to initialize the system. get's rid of
programming and possible processor
corruption(random memory) from the factory. other benifits ram test, automatic port and pcb recognition etc. Run 91-9 co,s will appear by default.
m
Posted By: chazrc Re: New 424 - 04/05/04 06:05 PM
This is a new system. Or probably refurbed equipment. I got it from Telquest. I have already ran pcb recognition and renumbered the extension numbers to the customers specs. I was hoping not to lose that portion of work.
Posted By: chazrc Re: New 424 - 04/05/04 06:19 PM
Or, after doing the initializing can you program a range of extension numbers starting at 210?
Posted By: phonemeister Re: New 424 - 04/05/04 07:58 PM
You should run the initialization program and ram check program. Like Martin says, those programs will check the ram for faults as well as clearing the previous programming. It only takes a minute and will save you lots of headaches. As far renumbering the extensions, you cannot perform a range. You will have to renumber each extension in program 04.
Posted By: chazrc Re: New 424 - 04/06/04 04:22 AM
Thanks. Gonna do it the right way...
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help