atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: AngstEngineering Strategy VM Platform - 04/19/04 03:07 PM
I have Strategy Voice Mail running on NT Server 4.0 SP6.a
Can strategy run on 2000 server or XP Pro to take advantage of Active Directory Networks?
Posted By: SSPhone Re: Strategy VM Platform - 04/19/04 03:29 PM
Thats a new one on me. All Stratagy's I have worked on were DOS.
Posted By: martin Re: Strategy VM Platform - 04/19/04 06:41 PM
what phone sys? ctx?
Posted By: AngstEngineering Re: Strategy VM Platform - 04/20/04 08:45 AM
It is a CTX 670. Another reason for an upgrade is to use the remote desktop capability in 2000 server and XP pro to manage the VM remotely and securely. Similar to using Win Admin for the CTX programing. This would also allow us to do regular backups of the VM server.
Posted By: samh Re: Strategy VM Platform - 04/20/04 10:26 AM
Stratagy ES standalone models are Intel® processor-based platforms running the Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 operating system. Stratagy ES comes in four hardware configurations. Each platform is designed to accept one or more ISA-based peripheral boards from Dialogic®. There are also PCI slots in each system that are set aside for other peripheral devices, i.e., Network Interface Card (NIC).The Stratagy ES runs on Window NT platform and can't be changed as far as I know up till now maybe in the future however The Stratagy Enterprise Server Administration program is a complete administrative program designed to work exclusively with Windows 2000/ME/98 or Windows NT. This program works in conjunction with the Stratagy ES software.I hope that helps.
Posted By: AngstEngineering Re: Strategy VM Platform - 04/20/04 12:20 PM
Thanks samh that does clear-up the question , but I then wonder why Toshiba would keep their enterprise platform on a OS that is to be discontinued support in '05? Does this meen that Dialogic will not write the drivers for their ISA boards to be used with 2000 Server? I hope it meens that Dialogic plans to move to the PCI bus and give better port density per card. That would also improve the server hardware selection. I'm glad I have found this board... Very Helpfull!!
Posted By: martin Re: Strategy VM Platform - 04/20/04 03:34 PM
the ctx enterprise was just starting to mature into a viable product when i left the dealer. jury is still out on that product.
sure glad sam is on this board.
Posted By: SSPhone Re: Strategy VM Platform - 04/21/04 05:44 AM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by martin:

sure glad sam is on this board.
</font>

Ditto
Posted By: samh Re: Strategy VM Platform - 04/21/04 09:51 AM
Thank you all for the kind remarks. [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help