atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Timbo DTMF to VM Ports - 05/19/04 09:30 AM
Hi,
My company just installed a voice mail system on a customers existing DK16e system. We normally don't work on Toshiba but we have a programming manual for the DK16 (not 16e) and it seems to be pretty close. We have the voice mail answering but no DTMF tones can be sent from the digital phones to the vmail. I can't seem to find any reference to it in the manual. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Timbo
Posted By: atlascomm Re: DTMF to VM Ports - 05/19/04 10:02 AM
(See Program 10-2, LED 06, for tones sent to voice mail ports.)
Posted By: Timbo Re: DTMF to VM Ports - 05/19/04 02:01 PM
OK I'll try it....thanks for the help Atlascomm !
Posted By: SSPhone Re: DTMF to VM Ports - 05/19/04 04:54 PM
You also need to program 31 led 4,5,9,15thru20
Posted By: phonemeister Re: DTMF to VM Ports - 05/19/04 09:55 PM
And a dtmf reciever is needed and changed in prog 03.
Posted By: paul144 Re: DTMF to VM Ports - 05/20/04 12:59 PM
I have to ask... Do you have a DTMF card installed?
Posted By: JBW Re: DTMF to VM Ports - 05/20/04 03:15 PM
You have received some good advice from some very knowledgeable people. Program 31 must have led 17 lit for end to end dtmf tones to work. The code in program 03 for slot 00 must be changed to identify the dtmf card to the system. Example " change the code from 91 to 92" After changing the code you must cycle the power for the change to take effect.
Posted By: Timbo Re: DTMF to VM Ports - 05/21/04 12:38 PM
Thanks for the additional replies.
I am not sure if there is a DTMF Card in the system. All I know is that my technician originally told me there were 4 analog (SLT) ports available and that we could use two of them for voice mail. I had a program manual and saw references to voice mail so I just figured it would work. We needed to order the customer a 20 button phone so that we could finish the programming (they only had 2010SD phones) so as soon as I get it we'll be driving back to the site to finish up....man I hope I don't have to tell them they have to buy another card after surprizing them with the news they needed to buy a phone just so we could finish programming. I only agreed to do this because they are looking at putting in a completely new system at another business so I'm trying to get my foot in the door with them. I should have probably stayed away from this....oh well, live and learn !
Posted By: paul144 Re: DTMF to VM Ports - 05/24/04 07:14 AM
If you open up the cabinet, your S/L ports are coming off of a KSTU card attached to the main board. For DTMF tones, you will need to have a K4RCU or a K5RCU attached to the KSTU.
Good luck with this!
Posted By: martin Re: DTMF to VM Ports - 05/24/04 02:09 PM
where did the equipment come from? if it is the customers it,s not your issue it is theirs. a card is probabley roughly $80-$110 maybe less. you are doing them a favor by working on their equipment. did they tell you the system was voice mail ready?
you get the picture.
m
Posted By: Timbo Re: DTMF to VM Ports - 05/26/04 01:28 PM
Martin,
Here's the story...the customer inherited the sytem when they purchased the building to open a boat dealership. They didn't know who installed it because the building had been closed up for a while and I don't think they dealt with the original phone system owner on the sale of the building. I had been working on trying to sell them a 25-30 phone system for a manufacturing business they own in another closeby town so they called me and asked if we could put a voice mail on the Toshiba. I know who installed the Toshiba and I didn't want to send the customer there because it would probably add another competitor into the mix for the other site (I know....I'm paranoid). I told them we would check out the system and see if we could put the vmail in and let them know. When we found analog ports existing we thought we were home free. It's not a big deal if the DTMF card is in the $ range you indicated.
Thanks for all your help.
Timbo
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help