atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: rickm conference calling - 06/15/04 11:19 AM
I have a Toshiba 424 system and have recently added an ivoice voicemail system with auto attendant. The VM system has a feature to locate a person on another phone number, but used the conference feature to monitor the call. I need the conference code to enter into the system so that this feature can work correctly. I have tried &, &#45, #45. Nothing seems to work correctly.
Posted By: phonemeister Re: conference calling - 06/15/04 08:30 PM
I'm not sure what exactly the voicemail system does when it tries to locate someone. Can you explain exactly what should happen, and what is happening now?
Posted By: toshiba-#1 Re: conference calling - 06/15/04 08:42 PM
check out your v/m system and see if it has a built in didgit grabber some do
Posted By: rickm Re: conference calling - 06/22/04 10:00 AM
The system is an auto attendant with voice activation. It rings my extension. After the timout period, the ivoice system asks if you want to leave a message or locate the person. When someone says locate, it is supposed to place the call on hold, (which it does), then hook for dial tone and call the person on their alternate number, (which it does). Upon answer, the ivoice system says "you have a call from" "rickm". Press 1 to anser the call. When I press 1. the Conference sequence is supposed to take over and monitor the call. It just hangs up instead. Then my voicemail grabs a new line and I receive a long dial tone voice mail. I have had my local Toshiba rep in to check it out. Ivoice says I need the Conference call sequence for this feature to work properly. On many systems they say that sequence is #45. It doesn't work here.
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by phonemeister:
I'm not sure what exactly the voicemail system does when it tries to locate someone. Can you explain exactly what should happen, and what is happening now?</font>
Posted By: phonemeister Re: conference calling - 06/22/04 07:02 PM
I would check program 31 for all the voicemail ports and turn off led 9. The #45 you're referring to is for a hookflash on the trunk itself; for a centrex conference call for example, and wouldn't be used in your setup.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help