atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: rswenson Toshiba DK424i DTMF problem - 06/18/04 01:30 PM
I tried to add a standard phone line to the DK424i system and it does not recognize DTMF. I checked program 03 and it has 91 for slot one and 92 for slot 2. This is a system I inherited. I do not have previous 424i experience. It looks like there is a daughter board stuck on the slot 2 PCB. So I assume that is the DTMF board. I get dial tone fine on the standard phone (analog) but when I press a key, I hear the tone but it does not break dial tone.
What else do I need to check? How can I determine that the DTMF board is good, since I do not have another to swap in.

Thanks for any help, Ron in Oskaloosa, Kansas
Posted By: rswenson Re: Toshiba DK424i DTMF problem - 06/18/04 01:48 PM
I found another message in this list that talks about the DTMF board being on the board in slot one. Do I need to move the board over and change program 03 to 92 for 000 and 91 for 001?

Thanks, Ron
Posted By: KENB Re: Toshiba DK424i DTMF problem - 06/18/04 05:35 PM
WHAT KIND OF CARD ARE YOU USING FOR THE SINGLE LINE STA PORT RSTU /PDKU ?
Posted By: rswenson Re: Toshiba DK424i DTMF problem - 06/20/04 07:58 AM
It is an RSTU with 8 ports.
Posted By: rswenson Re: Toshiba DK424i DTMF problem - 06/20/04 08:26 AM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by KENB:
WHAT KIND OF CARD ARE YOU USING FOR THE SINGLE LINE STA PORT RSTU /PDKU ?</font>

It uses the RSTU3 with connected to ports 32 through 39 (8).

The DTMF card is a BRCS4 receiver plugged on the B2CBU card which is in slot 2.
Posted By: phonemeister Re: Toshiba DK424i DTMF problem - 06/20/04 10:47 PM
In program 03 slot 001 should be 92. Did you assign the slot as a 31 for the RSTU and recycle the power?
Posted By: JBW Re: Toshiba DK424i DTMF problem - 06/21/04 05:28 AM
I may be out in left field again but on my dk280 I assign slot 00 in program 03 as code 92 to recognize my 4 port dtmf card and cycle the power.
JBW
Posted By: phonemeister Re: Toshiba DK424i DTMF problem - 06/21/04 09:01 AM
He's got a different cabinet and processor.
Posted By: rswenson Re: Toshiba DK424i DTMF problem - 06/22/04 12:48 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by phonemeister:
In program 03 slot 001 should be 92. Did you assign the slot as a 31 for the RSTU and recycle the power?</font>

I inherited this system. I am a Mitel person, and this the first Toshiba I ever saw.
I checked program 03 and slot 000 is 91 and slot 001 is 92. The board was already installed, but as far as I can see, they did not use the analog ports before.
We need to use two for FAX machines. I get dial tone on the analog lines, but when I send DTMF it does not break dial tone. Where do I look to see if they assigned the RSTU slot as 31?

Thanks, Ron (school tech in Kansas)
Posted By: phonemeister Re: Toshiba DK424i DTMF problem - 06/22/04 07:12 PM
In program 03 check the slot assigned to the RSTU to see if it's assigned as a 31. So, for example, if the RSTU is in the fourth slot of the master cabinet then the slot would be 104. The first slot just after the processor slots is slot 101. Just look at the bottom of the slots and you will see a number starting with an underscore. For example, if you see _04, the underscore would be the cabinet number (1-6 with number 1 being the master) and the 04 is the slot number. Btw, from your original post I thought you were the one who just added the RSTU, but your last post tells me that it was already in the switch?
Posted By: rswenson Re: Toshiba DK424i DTMF problem - 06/23/04 05:53 AM
All the settings are as you pointed out, and the system has been reset, so the temp mem was transferred to the working memory, and it is still the same. When I pickup up handset on standard telephone, I get dial tone, press keypad and dial tone does not go away.
I notice that the dial tone comes on for a quarter second then off for a quarter second then on continuously when I pick up handset. Does that indicate anything?

I have discovered another problem. We can not dial numbers to any area code outside the local area code (on the digital phones). We can do 800, 855, 866, 877, and 888 numbers.
We dial the number - after 9 it says using LCR, then takes the rest of the numbers and displays them. Then I hear the dtmf tones and when it gets to the end of the string, I get fast busy.

I have looked all through the LCR programs and do not see what could be causing this 'call blocking'.

Ron

[This message has been edited by rswenson (edited June 23, 2004).]
Posted By: phonemeister Re: Toshiba DK424i DTMF problem - 06/23/04 08:28 AM
Not long, 5 seconds ought to do.
Posted By: rswenson Re: Toshiba DK424i DTMF problem - 06/23/04 01:50 PM
Not long, 5 seconds ought to do.</font>

Resetting did not make it work. The prog 03 settings are all as you noted. How can I check if the dtmf hardware is OK? I do not have another system to compare to.

Also, I am not able to dial to any area code except the local one. I have looked through all the LCR programs and can not see what would stop calling to others.
Program 51 has all the area codes by groups, leaving out the 800,-- 888 nos. It makes the LCR Plan be 08.
and puts the 800 -- 888 nos in plan 01.
Posted By: phonemeister Re: Toshiba DK424i DTMF problem - 06/23/04 10:13 PM
If you power off the switch and pull out the processor, you will should see a small daughterboard attached to the processor that is labeled BRCS. Do they currently have voicemail? Was the RSTU already there or did you put it in?
Posted By: rswenson Re: Toshiba DK424i DTMF problem - 06/24/04 03:13 AM
If you power off the switch and pull out the processor, you will should see a small daughterboard attached to the processor that is labeled BRCS. Do they currently have voicemail? Was the RSTU already there or did you put it in?</font>

There is no voice mail there now. I suspect the previous agency had voicemail, and they took it off before they sold it to our agency. Our agency bought the building and phone system from them. The RSTU was already there. I have not added anything ( or taken anything away from the cabinet. There is a second cabinet, but it only has the remote board in it.

I am going on vacation for 3 weeks, so I have given them a work around of having the station line pluged in to receive FAX on an extension number. Then plug in a circuit I connected directly to CO line 3 to send FAX. That will get them by till I get back then I will turn the system off and inspect the boards to see if I can see anything physically. not connected correctly.

Thanks for you help. Ron
Posted By: rswenson Re: Toshiba DK424i DTMF problem - 06/24/04 03:40 AM
I called Sprint trouble about the reorder busy problem and found out the local inataller had not turned on LD for lines 2 & 3. So they need to fix that, not me.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help