atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: aomin Call forwarding off premise from pdn - 07/03/04 09:19 AM
I am attempting to place a call forwarding button on a dkt2010 that will transfer any incoming calls off premise to the users cel phone. He says he doesn't like having more than 1 voice mail box and wants all of his calls to go to the cell voice mail if he doesn't answer.

The system uses Contact DK voicemail so the typical DK voicemail commands probably won't work here.

Is there a way I can pull this off?

Strata DK40i with Contact DK voice mail

[This message has been edited by aomin (edited July 03, 2004).]
Posted By: toshiba-#1 Re: Call forwarding off premise from pdn - 07/04/04 10:23 AM
i need to do the same thing if i find a way ill let u know and if u find a way please let me know. good luck i know it can be done.
Posted By: aomin Re: Call forwarding off premise from pdn - 07/04/04 01:30 PM
Ok, well here is where I am going for now. I have a interalia announcer that I don't use. It can do an announcement and then transfer to an outside number. I will hook it up to an unused slt ext and then have my users (dn) hunt to that slt line. The caller will receive an announcement that they are being transfered to the persons cell as the transfer is taking place.

I don't know if this will work for sure, but it is worth a try.

[This message has been edited by aomin (edited July 04, 2004).]
Posted By: aomin Re: Call forwarding off premise from pdn - 07/04/04 05:28 PM
OK, this looks like it is working, but, I can't get the slt to complete the transfer to an outside line when I perform the station drop out. It works fine if I do it to an internal (dn). I also tested this using my dkt2020 and it works fine when I perform the station drop out. If it works for the dkt, why won't it work for the slt?

If I can beat this problem then mission accomplished.

[This message has been edited by aomin (edited July 04, 2004).]
What model Toshiba and software level?
Posted By: aomin Re: Call forwarding off premise from pdn - 07/05/04 05:55 AM
Toshiba DK40i Release TMA45A (4.5a?)

[This message has been edited by aomin (edited July 05, 2004).]
Posted By: aomin Re: Call forwarding off premise from pdn - 07/06/04 06:12 AM
The above situation seems to be a dead end for me. I can get the announcer to conference the call so that both parties can hear each other. But its not long before it hangs up and the call is terminated. :-(

I just can't figure out how to get this thing to keep the call going after the announcer drops out.

[This message has been edited by aomin (edited July 06, 2004).]
Posted By: aomin Re: Call forwarding off premise from pdn - 07/06/04 03:56 PM
Tom at Telecom 911 tells me that this can't be done with the DK40i.

So I am wondering about the "Call Forwarding External" option. I can set the feature with #670 and the DKT shows it set, but I can't figure out where or how to enter the telephone number that it is forwarding to.

Thanks for any help whatsoever.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Call forwarding off premise from pdn - 07/06/04 04:39 PM
Program the phone number into station Speed Dial #49. I had this working on a DK40i about 2 years ago (but have forgotten most of the other requirements!!!)
Posted By: aomin Re: Call forwarding off premise from pdn - 07/06/04 05:37 PM
Thanks for the SD 49 tip. However, this feature works the same as the other attempts did as well.

Looks like this one has dead ended, sigh.

[This message has been edited by aomin (edited July 06, 2004).]
Posted By: aomin Re: Call forwarding off premise from pdn - 07/06/04 07:07 PM
One thing I tried that I didn't mention here yet. Perhaps someone could benefit from it.

I was able to use the Contact DK software program to dial in and enter the special dialing codes into the mailboxes.

Upon testing, an inside call would go through to the off premise phone ONLY if I called the VM attendant first and then dialed the extension number. If I dialed the pdn and let it forward to VM I receved the regular VM announcement. The Contact DK manual clearly stated that all calls to the station should be forwarded out via the VM.
Of course calling from outside was a lost cause as well as it too played the VM announcement.

After speaking with Tom at Telecom 911 about all of this he was convinced that this was violating some sort of toll restriction in the DK40i and is impossible to accomplish.
As far as I know on the DK40i you should be able to do a tandem call with station drop out on a single-line phone. Check program 10-1 LEDs 19 and 20 on, program 15-5 on for all trunks, and program 31 led 9 off if the vm ports are involved. The procedure to do this is hookflash while you have the party on the line, dial the phone number, hookflash, wait a couple of seconds, hookflash again and hang up. However, my suggestion would be to use telco's transfer feature. If you have centrex lines this feature should be standard. In most cases you can order this feature for a small fee for non-centrex lines.
Posted By: aomin Re: Call forwarding off premise from pdn - 07/07/04 06:01 AM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by phonemeister:
As far as I know on the DK40i you should be able to do a tandem call with station drop out on a single-line phone. </font>

Its a relief to know that I am not going crazy. All the docs indicate this as well.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Check program 10-1 LEDs 19 and 20 on, program 15-5 on for all trunks, and program 31 led 9 off if the vm ports are involved.</font>

I verified all of those settings and I have them just as you suggest.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">The procedure to do this is hookflash while you have the party on the line, dial the phone number, hookflash, wait a couple of seconds, hookflash again and hang up.</font>

I will go back to the Interalia and see if it will do this. I am pretty sure that I tried that routine during testing.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2"> However, my suggestion would be to use telco's transfer feature. If you have centrex lines this feature should be standard.</font>

I was thinking that too, but can't seem to get it to fly. I think that it is because Contact answers the call but the call is then transfered to the station. I think the DK40i takes over any flashing after that.

Any more suggestions are very appreciated
:-)

[This message has been edited by aomin (edited July 07, 2004).]
To perform a centrex transfer from a single-line extension: hookflash, pause, #45, dial phone number, hangup. You may need to adjust the flash timer in program 12.
Posted By: aomin Re: Call forwarding off premise from pdn - 07/07/04 02:06 PM
YEEHAW!

You da man!

It worked!

I had to play around with some pauses but it finally went through.

Thanks so much for the help.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help