atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: phnman CTX VOIP problem - 08/08/04 02:06 PM
I just took over a cutomer with a two cabinet CTX 670 they have about 15 IP phones at a remote location connected via a point to point T1, (10 miles apart)they complain of poor quality voice. I tested a phone on the local LAN and the problem followed; the BIPU has been replaced and they also mention the Stratagy (with SMDI) going to the wrong extensions, so I suspect the Receiver card. I would appreicate any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this VOIP problem. I have lots of DK experience but I am new to the CTX.
Also I have been told that the ethernet switch has been replaced (about 25 local users).
regards
phnman
Posted By: phonemeister Re: CTX VOIP problem - 08/08/04 09:44 PM
Since the voicemail uses SMDI, the receiver card is probably not a fault. The latest software addresses this problem. Poor voice quality usually from the IP phones usually indicates that there's not enough bandwith or something on the network is flooding the network. Their IT guys should implement QoS adjustments. One of the things you can do is to change the codec. If all this is absolutely new to you, then I must suggest you defer this job to someone with CTX IP phone experience.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help