atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: walterv DK 280 Last 2 slots - 08/30/04 09:18 AM
I have a customer that has a dk280 with 2 cabinets. In the second cabinet there are 2 empty slots. Can I use these slots for a pcou1 or 2 and the other for a station board.

This is not digital this system uses the old analog phones.

Walter
Posted By: paul144 Re: DK 280 Last 2 slots - 08/30/04 10:52 AM
There are a couple of considerations.
1) There is a maximum allowable number of stations/lines.
2) There are power limitations. The EKT phones use more power than the DKT telephones.
There are tables in the install manuals regarding the maximum number of stations and lines by processor type.
There are also power usage conversions in the install guide.
If you post the current number of stations, model and quantity of phones, and number of lines in, I will take a quick glance at it.
I would suspect that, with EKT phones, you are probably maxed out for power.
I also think that, depending on the processor, the last 2 slots would have to be empty or you would be over the maximum number of stations/lines.

[This message has been edited by paul144 (edited August 30, 2004).]
Posted By: phoneguywayne Re: DK 280 Last 2 slots - 08/30/04 08:59 PM
I think the last 2 slots on a dk280 have to remain empty unless you have a E/F processor.I don't think that you have a processor that large.
Posted By: martin Re: DK 280 Last 2 slots - 08/31/04 01:39 AM
wayne is correct
you will need an expansion cabinet and a c/d processor to gain more slots.
m
Posted By: Genius Re: DK 280 Last 2 slots - 10/22/04 05:58 PM
Sorry fellas... you're wrong. The DK280 cannot use slots 6 and 7 in cabinet 2 even with a C/D or E/F processor. You'll need 424 cabinets to accomplish that. Still remember there are time slots considerations you still have to think about... you know 8 channel slots vs 16 channel slots. Email me if you need details.

[This message has been edited by Genius (edited October 22, 2004).]
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help