atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Mr. O Strategy voice mail questions - 09/15/04 02:10 PM
Have two questions I'll start with the easy one: How do you programm a "Transfer to VM"? I cannot find in the users manual under flexible assgn's. Same system second ?: Have a DK40i connected to a 4 port Strategy, via digital stations, and users are complaining that random callers get cutoff when leaving messages. Is there a setting to adjust for background / ambient noise? How do most of you administrate the installer parameters of the voice mail. I see there are serial ports on the back of the unit.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Strategy voice mail questions - 09/15/04 04:17 PM
No direct transfer to VM. WE put a DSS key for the first VM port then when the VM answers, dial 2#EXT# and hang up. This requires programming a "998" in digit 2 in groups and chains for MB 990 and 991. Sounds confusing...........but it works. To program the VM, you will need Toshiba's Stratagy Admin software and cable.

Dan
Posted By: n00b Re: Strategy voice mail questions - 09/16/04 09:32 AM
for me, this works (putting 998 under 2 in Groups and Chains) except that it will transfer directly to voice mail for extensions that do not have a mailbox set up (i know that sounds messed up) but will just ring through on extensions that have one. Any reason why it would not transfer to VM and just ring the extension for users who have a voice mail box set up?
Posted By: phoneguywayne Re: Strategy voice mail questions - 09/16/04 04:24 PM
Call forward a spare port all calls to your voice mail disturbuted hunt pilot number. Then in the call string go 91998. I've done this but it's been a while. As this is a DSS key you can put it on more than one telephone. In your user options check your message length it could be set too short. If for set it for zero it is unlimited length.

[This message has been edited by phoneguywayne (edited September 16, 2004).]
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help