atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: phoneguywayne Battery Backup - 09/16/04 04:35 PM
I got a call for a customer that had a power outage and the batterys didn't hold. There is 24 volt dc out of the batterys. It is a DK 16 with an exp cab. Any ideas? I know on the 16e or early 40i there was a problem with the power supply. Thanks for your help. I've learn lots on this site.
Posted By: martin Re: Battery Backup - 09/17/04 12:57 AM
wayne
what type of back-up? i,ve seen everything from car batteries to a gelcells. express communication has some nice solutions.
m
Posted By: SSPhone Re: Battery Backup - 09/17/04 06:01 AM
there is 27v supplied by the BBU port on the DK's this maintains a charge to your batteries. I have used the express BBU's and there great but on my DK16e here at my house I have 2 12v 7ah gellcells out of a APC BBU that got hit by lightning hooked up for 24v. When Frances just passed thru we were powerless for 7 hours and I never missed a call. BBU on the flash vm didnt last that long so I had to answer my calls but it stayed up.
Posted By: phoneguywayne Re: Battery Backup - 09/17/04 07:30 AM
The batterys come from toshiba they are a sealed type and it has worked fine I think up till now. Is there a transfer relay inside the power supply that switches from 120v to the battery.
Posted By: martin Re: Battery Backup - 09/17/04 09:07 AM
i always reccomend changing bkup pow supply
batteries(usually gel cell). every 3-5 years.
however saying that the best test is have the customer go off hook on 20-30% of their sets and pull the plug and see if the battery
last as long as they need it to. how do the rest of you guys handle your customers back-up power?
m
p.s.better yet do it two days in a row to make sure the battery will recharge
also be aware that the amount of talk paths in use will correspond negatively with how long
it can keep the system up.

[This message has been edited by martin (edited September 17, 2004).]
Posted By: paul144 Re: Battery Backup - 09/17/04 09:24 AM
As stated above, BBUs are only good for a limited ammount of time. After that, they simply will not hold enough of a charge. Most manufacturers whose literature I have seen state clearly that they are only good for 2-3 years, although often thay will last longer than that.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help