atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: chibbert Need help with Stratagy VM - 09/17/04 08:18 AM
We have a several year old DK 424 (2 cabinets) and a Stratagy VDK .2N/1.03 Voice mail system.

Everything works well but recently the message duration has become really short - meaning when someone goes to leave a message, it allows them approximately 8 seconds and then cuts it off and asks them to send or re-record. I have checked the user settings using the administration software and a laptop and each user has a message duration of 999 seconds (available) so it's not cutting them short for that reason. I checked a report to see how many messages were on the system by user and it doesn't seem like a lot.

On the main page of the software, I see the following:

Usage 0/99%
Users 128 (although many of these are not used)
Space 28:47 85%

Does this mean 85% of our available space is used or we have 85% remaining?

Does the system start shortening available message duration as it gets close to full?

Thanks so much for your help!

Chris Hibbert
Posted By: phonemeister Re: Need help with Stratagy VM - 09/17/04 09:03 AM
Start by rebooting the Stratagy. If that doesn't help try looking at the Stratagy Configuration under Tools and check the following:
tmo_silence = 5
tmo_sound = 5
set_gain = 0
these are default values for the Stratagy DK.
Posted By: martin Re: Need help with Stratagy VM - 09/17/04 09:21 AM
you need a qualified stratagy technician.
usually when these systems get to this point
they need a service call. i always tell customers make sure all mailboxs have a minimal amount of saved messages in system.
also i have seen the operaters box get neglected to point of hogging a lot of resources. delete boxes you dont need.
good luck
m
Posted By: batman Re: Need help with Stratagy VM - 09/17/04 12:22 PM
hard drive may be ready to go.
Posted By: chibbert Re: Need help with Stratagy VM - 09/17/04 12:23 PM
Well I went to the box to look at how to reboot the VM and I can hear the HD whining inconsistently

THanks for all your help.

Chris
Posted By: Genius Re: Need help with Stratagy VM - 10/14/04 06:54 PM
Your situation is what we at my company call "ALL IN" ...meaning, your poker chips are on the table and you have no control as to what happens next. The first question I would ask is...if you shut down the system, how long does it take to re-boot and begin taking calls. more than 3 minutes? You're ALL IN. Go to any mailbox and select ALT T for Table. Look at any users that have excessive messages in their mailbox. Fire those people immediately and delete their messages. You mayhave to run VMB edit but don't do this unless you kow what you're doing.
Posted By: batman Re: Need help with Stratagy VM - 10/14/04 07:12 PM
better get a backup, and prepare your self for upgrade. You could get the hard drive replaced and save few bucks, but will take a few days.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help