atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Davy Telecom CTX and Stratagy VM using DTMF - 11/05/04 01:53 PM
I have recently installed a CTX with a Stratagy VM, out of skin. The VM answers incoming calls giving people options for directing calls as well as acting as an answer machine. The system works well for a period of weeks and then locks up. The users are emptying there mail boxes regularily and there is plenty of memory remaining. Does anybody have any ideas to what the problem may be?
Posted By: SSPhone Re: CTX and Stratagy VM using DTMF - 11/05/04 02:01 PM
was the voicemail new?
Is it PC based, monitor and keyboard?
Posted By: Davy Telecom Re: CTX and Stratagy VM using DTMF - 11/05/04 02:15 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SSPhone:
was the voicemail new?
Is it PC based, monitor and keyboard?
</font>

Yes the VM is new and is PC based
Posted By: junkman Re: CTX and Stratagy VM using DTMF - 11/05/04 03:09 PM
Does the whole computer lock up or is it just the voice mail that doesn't respond? Which vm, DK or ES?
Posted By: Davy Telecom Re: CTX and Stratagy VM using DTMF - 11/06/04 04:06 AM
The PC does not lock up just the VM which is a DK and when you disconnect the ports from the switch it will work OK.
Posted By: martin Re: CTX and Stratagy VM using DTMF - 11/06/04 12:18 PM
is the ctx still handling calls normally?
m
Posted By: Davy Telecom Re: CTX and Stratagy VM using DTMF - 11/06/04 01:24 PM
The CTX works 100% what ever happens, bearing in mind that if calls are routed to the VM when it is down the caller will just get ringing tone as the pre destined port is obviously connected to the VM but if I connected a phone to the port instead of the VM then yes the phone would ring and could be answered as normal.

[This message has been edited by Davy Telecom (edited November 06, 2004).]
Posted By: martin Re: CTX and Stratagy VM using DTMF - 11/06/04 05:25 PM
if you have the admin prog for stratagy check your done chains
m
Posted By: Davy Telecom Re: CTX and Stratagy VM using DTMF - 11/07/04 12:06 PM
The done chains are in use and working fine, they are being used to send callers to the operator group I have set up.
Posted By: martin Re: CTX and Stratagy VM using DTMF - 11/08/04 06:59 AM
the reason i asked is when stratagy first came out i remember some guys were programming loops in their done chains.
not sure how but toshiba might even have had a bulliten regarding port lock-up and done chain loops.
m
Posted By: stringmachine Re: CTX and Stratagy VM using DTMF - 11/08/04 04:29 PM
try outing your mail ports and rbuilding the ports and hunt group. and submit each step 2 times. the you might also redo plug n play to the switch. it will keep you greetings just every user will have to go back thru set up , but their greetings will also still be there. Hope this helps
Posted By: Davy Telecom Re: CTX and Stratagy VM using DTMF - 11/09/04 11:01 AM
Thank you, I will give it a go the next time I visit site. Have you had a similar problem?
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help