atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: yt855 MSG light blinking continuously - 12/09/04 02:56 PM
Hello:

The Msg light of my boss' phone (Ext. 201) is still blinking even after the we tried to read-off all voicemails. Tried int #409 but to no avail. Phone is 2020SD. What can i try next? Thanks in advance.

yt855
Posted By: phonemeister Re: MSG light blinking continuously - 12/09/04 04:11 PM
What does the display read on his phone?
Posted By: fon_guy Re: MSG light blinking continuously - 12/09/04 07:04 PM
might have more than one msg set by other stations, gotta do #409 for each one.

if there's a '+' on the display it means more than one msg there

not sure why but toshibas seem to have msg lights on all the time. i had one customer who never used msg lights for anything, used black paint on the msg lights on all their phones, becuz the lights kept blinking
Posted By: Voyager Re: MSG light blinking continuously - 12/10/04 02:40 AM
For older software, press Int.409 without the '#' sign. Or...

Press the msg light and the digit '1'. That will probably start a phone ringing somewhere. Find the ringing phone and lift the receiver. That should clear the light on 201. If not, do it again. Probably ringing a different phone. Most customers are not trained on the station to station messaging feature, then they are surprised that its there.

Thats my experience, anyway.

Good Luck.

Voyager

[This message has been edited by Voyager (edited December 10, 2004).]
Posted By: yt855 Re: MSG light blinking continuously - 12/10/04 06:37 AM
I see CF-EXT and a plus (+) sign on the first line and the date.time on the next line.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by phonemeister:
What does the display read on his phone?</font>
Posted By: fon_guy Re: MSG light blinking continuously - 12/10/04 06:43 AM
+ means multiple msgs left on phone, gotta do #409 for each one
Posted By: yt855 Re: MSG light blinking continuously - 12/10/04 06:54 AM
Thank you for the prompt response. So, if I understand correctly, I must enter the same sequence of keys again and again until the light goes out. Right now, it gives a busy signal everytime I do the #409.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by fon_guy:
+ means multiple msgs left on phone, gotta do #409 for each one</font>
Posted By: phonemeister Re: MSG light blinking continuously - 12/10/04 09:40 AM
Press the Scroll key on the display. What does it say? You may have to press the Scroll button a few times to cycle through all of the messages.
Posted By: SSPhone Re: MSG light blinking continuously - 12/15/04 06:12 AM
Here's a last option. Run program 92 9. This will clear all msg lights but it will also clear all call forwarding. Be sure you do 92 9 not 91 9. You will also have to power down the system for reset.
Posted By: junkman Re: MSG light blinking continuously - 12/17/04 09:40 PM
Just a thought, which system is it, DK or CTX? I ran into that problem with about 10 extensions on a CTX670 after replacing the voicemail. Display read 'CALL 200-' when it normally would read 'CALL 200-210' to indicate which ext. set the message light. Only solution was to delete the affected extensions and reprogram.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help