atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: swepp Voice mail options and info - 12/17/04 12:10 PM
We have a dk280 system that we want to install voice mail on. The boss can get a deal on a used vp100, but when i consulted our local dealer, he refuses to give me info on anything other than the new Stategy ivp8's, amd tells us we need to purchase an entire new system. Being the "hands on" person the owner is, he needs to see the specs on both systems to decide, but I can find no info on the vp100. Any ideas?
Posted By: Voyager Re: Voice mail options and info - 12/17/04 03:42 PM
Its really old! I would recommend the IVP8.
Posted By: SSPhone Re: Voice mail options and info - 12/17/04 05:22 PM
Being that the VP100 has not been manufactured in over 10 years and no one around these parts has the software to get one going advise the Boss to look for something a little newer. Stratagy had several PC versions and then the Flash voice brick then the DK card and now the IVP8. The plus side of the DK card or the IVP8 is they are inskin and you dont need a RSTU2 analog card. What ever you do stay away from the Contact DK.
Posted By: KENB Re: Voice mail options and info - 12/21/04 05:09 AM
i have a voicegate vip4000 listed on ebay
with a new drive in warranty .the customer upgraded as they wanted vmail to email
you would need a rstu and dtmf receiver
the mail is configured for a toshiba
take a look
Posted By: paul144 Re: Voice mail options and info - 12/21/04 07:13 AM
I would be really shocked if you could find anyone willing or able to work on a voice mail that old. I would be even more shocked if it is still functioning in 6 months.
Would your boss buy an Apple IIe computer if he could get a good deal on it?
Spend the money and get a product that was made this century. It will be well worth it in the long run.

------------------
Intertel Telephone Repair
Toshiba Telephone Repair
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help