atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: junkman Man, this DK is TOUGH! - 12/23/04 07:08 PM
One of my co-workers moved a DK40 for a customer that remodeled his new office himself. Got everything on the wall and connected, plugged it into the outlet, and made sure it worked. About 5 (yes, five) minutes later, it started smoking. After he unplugged it and checked everything, he found out that the outlet (a normal duplex wall outlet) was connected to 240V at the breaker box. Plugged the system into an actual 120V outlet and it still works, even though one capacitor in the power supply exploded.

And I thought electronics ran on smoke, once you let it out, it quits working.
Posted By: paul144 Re: Man, this DK is TOUGH! - 12/27/04 07:11 AM
I just thought that I should pass along a warning to make sure that you get all of the capacitor residue off of the components. It will eat through tracings on the circuit board.

------------------
Intertel Telephone Repair
Toshiba Telephone Repair
Posted By: junkman Re: Man, this DK is TOUGH! - 12/27/04 04:49 PM
I've had to deal with that before, it's not fun to repair traces on an expensive board. I don't expect the system to work much longer anyway.
Posted By: groundstart Re: Man, this DK is TOUGH! - 12/28/04 04:27 PM
Dont be too surprised........
I had a 40i right next to an oil burner in a utility closet........the oil burner popped its cork and sprayed oil all over the ksu......

I came in the next day, wiped it dry and its ticking 3 years later...........
Posted By: KLD Re: Man, this DK is TOUGH! - 12/28/04 08:21 PM
----- or the old strata sets that got left in a box overnight outside in a rain storm. Let them drip dry and away they went.
Posted By: junkman Re: Man, this DK is TOUGH! - 12/29/04 07:08 AM
I agree, but that was just oil & water on the stuff. This one let out a bunch of smoke and has at least one exploded capacitor. Didn't look to see what else got fried, but it can't be very good.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help