atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: fon_guy Stratagy/Amanda delayed messages - 01/16/05 08:54 PM
Anyone know how to fix delayed messages on a strtagy dk?
I've been working with stratagy and amanda for several years now and always get complaints about messages showing up in their mb's up to 4 days after it was left.
Iknow these systems are sensitive to the amount of disk space in use, but we're only using 16% currently.
should i upgrade software? default and start from scratch? 20 lb. sledge hammer?

have fun
RichA
Posted By: SSPhone Re: Stratagy/Amanda delayed messages - 01/17/05 05:48 PM
In the notify section of the mailbox how is the light on light off variables set. Also program 10-2 Led 4 is it on?
Posted By: martin Re: Stratagy/Amanda delayed messages - 01/19/05 05:37 AM
fon_guy
for what it,s worth. i have had a few cust report this issue. however, i have not been able to simulate the issue. most of the time it is a user issue in my experience. as ssphone said always check your notification templates.
m

[This message has been edited by martin (edited January 19, 2005).]
Posted By: Genius Re: Stratagy/Amanda delayed messages - 01/23/05 03:16 PM
Over the years there have been many complaints about delay messages. I attribute it to user error. Toshiba made some changes in how "THE NEXT MESSAGE" was accessed in the Stratagy version. This solved much of the problem. My theory is that the message was there all along. I usually write a small token application that will log all messages. The TRACE feature is your best friend. It will tell you why things are happening in your system...the only problem is hard to read and even harder to explain to your customer. Here is the bottom line... to solve the problem activate the trace in the autoexec.bat file in the root directory. Inform your customer to call you immediately when the problem next occures. Grab the trace file and you'll see what really caused the message to be delivered late. Need more help email me
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help