atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: codytx2 Toshiba CTX28 Voice Mail - 02/23/05 09:40 AM
I cannnot communicate w/ the gvmu w/ a direct connection from my serial port. I have a usb to serial connection, pptc9, and then 3 pair cable to the admin port on the voice mail and all i get is bad handshakes or the screen says stratagy not running or modem not responding. Is it a bad pin out or settings on my comp. I know the serial port is good b/c i use it w/ other voice mails. I do have the xadmn4 software installed.
Posted By: Voyager Re: Toshiba CTX28 Voice Mail - 02/23/05 04:59 PM
When you start the Admin, set the baud rate to 9600.
Posted By: codytx2 Re: Toshiba CTX28 Voice Mail - 02/23/05 05:27 PM
I have set the baud rate, but it still tells me it is incorrect.
Posted By: Telephonyman Re: Toshiba CTX28 Voice Mail - 02/23/05 07:48 PM
Make sure the PPTC-9 is a good one, there were a couple of lots TSD put out that are bad, verify it on another VM or DK. Second there are some compatability issues between USB to Serial devices using Windows XP, told that it cant be XP Home. Dont know I have PRO. Ive tried several different USB to Serial devices and only one worked for me. Made by Socket i think. Last make sure you are using com 1 or com 2 its the only one that will work.
Posted By: junkman Re: Toshiba CTX28 Voice Mail - 02/24/05 04:04 PM
Try both 9600 and 57600 for baud rate.
Posted By: codytx2 Re: Toshiba CTX28 Voice Mail - 02/25/05 06:35 PM
I tried both baud rates and neither worked, but i did hook up a comp w/ an internal serial port and now it says bad handshake 1, 2,& 3 and stratagy now responding. Do i need to change any other settings w/ the mode com1 command under the dos prompt? Also i cant open the admin from the dos prompt using c:\r4admin\admin, it says cant open admin.cfg, i have to open the application manually from the folder it is created in.
Posted By: codytx2 Re: Toshiba CTX28 Voice Mail - 02/25/05 06:37 PM
Sorry it says stratagy not responding, not stratagy now responding.
Posted By: junkman Re: Toshiba CTX28 Voice Mail - 02/28/05 06:20 PM
Does the cable you're using work on other stratagys? Some generic null modem cables aren't wired the way a stratagy likes.
Posted By: codytx2 Re: Toshiba CTX28 Voice Mail - 03/02/05 03:30 PM
Has anyone dealt w/ this model directly that I can contact directly to try and solve this problem. I did have one tech tell me i had a bad password so I wonder if any other information i have is incorrect.
Posted By: junkman Re: Toshiba CTX28 Voice Mail - 03/02/05 04:25 PM
Try deleting the entire r4admin directory and reinstalling the software.

The cable that goes between the pptc-9 and the vm needs to be crossed, not straight through. With both connectors held next to each other, pin 1 on one should go to pin 6 on the other, and it needs to be a 6 wire cable.

A bad password wouldn't give a bad handshake error, that's caused by hardware.

If this doesn't get you in, send me an email.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help