atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: JBW Toshiba DK 280 - 02/25/05 01:05 AM
I have a customer with a dk280 with a rctub2 processor who wants to extend his office to include a trailer about 100 yards across the street. I see no way to run lines. What are my options. He wants to be able to transfer calls to the new location. What would be required to install an off premise extention using the local bell company's line. I am not familiar with tie lines. Would that be an option.
JBW
Posted By: groundstart Re: Toshiba DK 280 - 02/25/05 03:22 AM
RSTU..........cordless phones.........

or

PDKU..........digital cordless phones..........
Posted By: SSPhone Re: Toshiba DK 280 - 02/25/05 05:10 AM
How many phones in the Trailer? Can you get clean pairs from Bell and use there cable to put phones there?
Posted By: JBW Re: Toshiba DK 280 - 02/25/05 05:52 AM
I need 2 phones in the trailer and the trailer has had bell phones before. The bell lines would be connected together through their c.o.
and I believe this would be too much loop for a direct connection.
JBW
Posted By: fon_guy Re: Toshiba DK 280 - 02/25/05 09:36 AM
I had a very simular situation with a car dealership who bought a used car lot across the street (270 ft away). They didn't want to string an arial cable because of cost and Sprint took about 3 weeks to get us a quote on getting 2 dry pairs over there. So we ended up using 2 5.8 Ghz cordless phones on analog ports and it works just fine for them. The base units sit in the front window facing the used lot and they get a very strong signal everywhere except the bathroom, and who wants a phone in there anyway. Other than the fact that we couldn't get them paging on the other lot they've been very happy

have fun
Rich
Posted By: phonemeister Re: Toshiba DK 280 - 02/25/05 09:44 AM
OPX is another route you can go. But, I'd try cordless phones first. Maybe go with the Engenius for best reception.
Posted By: junkman Re: Toshiba DK 280 - 02/25/05 01:43 PM
The phone co. should be able to lease you a few dry pairs, probably just from one building to the pedestal then to the other building, probably no more than a couple blocks away.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help