atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: squieraj IVP8 Down - 03/29/05 01:34 PM
Hello to all... I was just informed that the voice mail system in our CTX100 is down after a power failure. We do not have the admin software or cable… All we want to do at this point is reformat the system and start from scratch. Any help would be most welcome. Thanks for the time…. Alan
Posted By: keithpaul Re: IVP8 Down - 03/29/05 06:13 PM
Without the cable and software the only thing you can really do is try reseating the card and or checking the programming. You can pull the card out and push it back in while the system is hot. What happens when you call 850 or 8500? Are any of the port lights staying on? Maybe the system lost the programming for the voicemail or possible a bad slot in the cabinet. These are just a few things you need to check for when trouble shooting voicemail problems. Let us know a little more about what the voicemail is doing or not doing. [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]
Posted By: squieraj Re: IVP8 Down - 03/29/05 10:05 PM
Ok I just ordered the admin software and cable. It will be here in about 3-5 days. As for lights on the ivp8 leds 1, 2, 6 and 8 are on. There is nothing on the status light. When you call 850 all you get is ringing. As for removing and re-plugging the card when the system is on, will this not damage the card? Thanks for the help!!!!!
Posted By: keithpaul Re: IVP8 Down - 03/30/05 05:42 AM
Hot swapping the vm card does no harm to the card. If the status light is off and port lights are on thats not good. Try reseating the card to reboot the vm.
Posted By: phonemeister Re: IVP8 Down - 03/30/05 09:05 AM
You might as well recycle the power on the CTX just in case it's a port issue. That way the IVP8 and the CTX will both reset.
Posted By: squieraj Re: IVP8 Down - 03/30/05 10:04 AM
Ok hot started the card. I now have a blinking yellow status light, all port lights are off. I also reset the CTX100. When I had the card out for the second time I looked at the data on the card with a cf card reader. I found that directory’s serdrv, strategy, and vmb.db have bad data in them all file names are “~~~!$!$%!” and the like. Does some one out there have a good copy of what should be on the card. I would them just reformat the card and put the good file system back on it. Rerecord out outgoing message, reset all the mail boxes. That should fix the problem. YES…. NO…. ????? Thanks for the time…. Alan
Posted By: phonemeister Re: IVP8 Down - 03/30/05 06:26 PM
Don't format that card unless you know exactly what you're doing. Because it's ROMDOS you will need some special programs to format the card and have it boot up.
Posted By: squieraj Re: IVP8 Down - 03/30/05 06:31 PM
ok i will not format it for now.... can you send me the tools? Thanks..
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help