atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Ken Myers Perception II trunk problems - 04/13/05 07:31 PM
Been a Broadcast Engineer for 20 yrs but still a newbie at this telco stuff, we (I) have been given the responsibility of maintaining this old PBX at the station and now have a problem with outgoing long distance. Local long distance is fine. Not sure what has changed but appears that I have one card (first outgoing long dist lines) that tries to seize, but does not GS the line. I can put my butt set accross the pair, then the PBX will get dial tone and dial. Where do I start to trouble shoot this??? I can butt set the line and GS just fine. But the PBX is having trouble on this card. Tried swapping out the GS line with a different line, but trouble stays with the card!??? Looks like all 4 lines on his card are doing the same thing. What has changed. Nobody has been working on this thing. Software? Looking for advice? Thanks, Ken.
Posted By: martin Re: Perception II trunk problems - 04/14/05 03:32 AM
ken
forgive me for stating the obvious. can you swap cards? have you changed providers recently?
m
Posted By: breed Re: Perception II trunk problems - 04/14/05 01:18 PM
If the lines are ground start polarity on the line will make a difference on the Perception system. We have had problems with the phone company doing cable changes at the street and reversing the pairs.
Posted By: Ken Myers Re: Perception II trunk problems - 04/15/05 08:16 AM
Guys, thanks for the help. Looks like Ma Bell can be blamed on this one. Rolled the line, and now works fine. Thanks for help. I dont suppose anyone here has schematics for the ATTENDANT station????? Very low audio from headset mic as well as handset mic!!???
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help