atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: aonbley Crapy auto dial - 04/18/05 04:00 PM
Okay I am a receptionsit and my boss wants me to reprogram our million year old Toshiba EKT6520-H phone, to update the auto dial. The problem is that I have no manual to do so just a quick reference guide. It isn't very helpful and gives little info. It tells me buttons to push in order to program but as far as I can see, these buttons do not exist! Help, I don't know what else to do.
Posted By: Voyager Re: Crapy auto dial - 04/19/05 04:40 AM
What key sequence are they telling you to enter?
Posted By: aonbley Re: Crapy auto dial - 04/19/05 08:43 AM
"Using Automatic Dialing button: # + * + AD + number + #"
"Using 2-digit code: # + * + code + Number + #"

my problem is there is no "AD" button unless they are telling me to hit the 2 and 3 buttons. I am a bit confused
Posted By: breed Re: Crapy auto dial - 04/19/05 04:57 PM
# * (codes = 10-49 for station and 60-99 for system speed dial) Phone Number and # to save. If your phone has a Speed Dial or SDS button and a Redial Button on the phone use Redial in place of the # and Speed Dial in place of the * System Speed Dial must be programmed from Station 10. Good Luck
Posted By: aonbley Re: Crapy auto dial - 04/20/05 10:33 AM
Okay,
I understand what buttons to hit to program the phone, but "how" do I do it. I tried to change an existing code number by picking up the receiver and hitting # * 62, but in continues to dial the old programed number. how do I change the old number to the new one using the same code? I don't even know how to program a new code. I don't mean to seem dense, but I am getting frustrated.
Posted By: breed Re: Crapy auto dial - 04/21/05 04:44 PM
Are you programming from Station 10 if not it will not work. To program a new number you follow the previous step and it puts the new number in place of the old.
Posted By: aonbley Re: Crapy auto dial - 04/22/05 11:38 AM
Yes, I am trying to reprogram using station 10 which happens to be my phone. but everytime I pick up the receiver and hit #* 62 and the new number, it immeadatly goes to the old preprogramed number which is now disconected. I have tried to follow the directions in many ways, I even tried to program it while it was dialing the old number. I am really stumped. it is getting to be rediculous! I have even tried leaving the phone in the cradle. ahhhhhh!
Posted By: breed Re: Crapy auto dial - 04/22/05 09:25 PM
handset in the cradle and no dial tone when programming, the codes.
Posted By: aonbley Re: Crapy auto dial - 04/25/05 12:48 PM
thank you for your help, but I still cannot successfully reprogram the damn thing. I do apprieciate all your patients though. I will check in from time to time to see if you have any other ideas for me to try. thanks again.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help