atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: coolmarine24 424 and voice mail not working - 04/27/05 09:29 AM
hi guys I have an strata dk 424 phone system and for some reason voice mail does not work anymore,..if i try to go into my voice mail to check messages it just keep ringing and ringing....and if i call and try to leave a voice mail message, the same thing happens, it jsut keeps ringing and ringing..voice mail donest not kick in.....any ideas will be greatly appreciated//tahnk you
Posted By: SSPhone Re: 424 and voice mail not working - 04/27/05 09:41 AM
What type of Voicemail?
Is the system a PC based system maybe check the power.

------------------
ssimpson@oneringtelecom.com Need a Telrad Programmer Kit? Telrad Programmer Kits
Posted By: coolmarine24 Re: 424 and voice mail not working - 04/27/05 09:50 AM
im so sorry im new at this...how can i find out what type of voice mail it is??...i dont think is PC since there are not computers hooked up to it...thank you
Posted By: SSPhone Re: 424 and voice mail not working - 04/27/05 12:13 PM
Man this is a tough one. If it is a Toshiba voicemail it is either a PC or a Small Gray box 12x8x2 maybe wall mounted (Stratagy Flash) a inskin card Startagy DK ir IVP8.

------------------
ssimpson@oneringtelecom.com Need a Telrad Programmer Kit? Telrad Programmer Kits
Posted By: coolmarine24 Re: 424 and voice mail not working - 05/05/05 05:58 AM
it is the stratagy voice mail box, it has 4 phone jacks with 4 phone cables in them, i see 4 gren lights also for each phone line plus the green light for power, please help me
Posted By: Voyager Re: 424 and voice mail not working - 05/05/05 06:05 AM
Sounds like a Stratagy Flash. They do lock up occasionally.

You should shut down the system with the Admin software priior to powering down the system. If thats not possible,....

On the right side bottom of the unit is the power cord. Remove the power for 30 seconds, then plug it back in. Give it about 3 full minutes to re-boot. Does it work?

Let us know.....

Dan

P.S. You'll need to complete your profile, before getting much more help [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

------------------
fingerlakestelecom.net

[This message has been edited by Voyager (edited May 05, 2005).]
Posted By: coolmarine24 Re: 424 and voice mail not working - 05/05/05 06:24 AM
Thank You, I have updated my profile, I do not have the Admin Software. I guess the company that setup the system has that software at their location and they have access to it remotely...This is what i did: REmoved the power cord for aobut 30 seconds, put it back in, waited 3 minutes and tried to access voice mail again...no luck...when i dial 850 to get the voice mail system it only keeps ringing and ringing with nothing picking up.. :-(......did i have to unplug the phone cords form the stattagy box as well????......

On the right side bottom of the unit is the power cord. Remove the power for 30 seconds, then plug it back in. Give it about 3 full minutes to re-boot. Does it work?

Let us know.....
Posted By: coolmarine24 Re: 424 and voice mail not working - 05/05/05 06:29 AM
oppps sorry aobut the last few sentences in my last reply. I copied and pasted it by mistake
Posted By: coolmarine24 Re: 424 and voice mail not working - 05/05/05 07:04 AM
when you say shutdown the system, do you mean shut down the voicemail stratagy box? or do u mean the entire strata dk 424 system?
Posted By: martin Re: 424 and voice mail not working - 05/05/05 11:51 AM
cool
i have seen dk's have a similar issue. all it took was resetting the dk40(probabley a power issue).
jim
Posted By: coolmarine24 Re: 424 and voice mail not working - 05/05/05 12:17 PM
i have unplug the power cord waited then re started and still same problem :-(
Posted By: KENB Re: 424 and voice mail not working - 05/05/05 12:47 PM
email me your address and phone number i am local in sayville
Posted By: JBW Re: 424 and voice mail not working - 05/05/05 12:52 PM
You might try this. Unplug 1 of the cords going into the voice mail system and plug it into a single line analogue phone. Call an extension with a display phone and write down that extention number. Hang up and dial that extention number and see if the single line phone rings. If it does plug the line back into the voice mail system and dial the single line number again. Hopefully the voice mail system will answer.
JBW

Sorry KENB, didn't see your post. He sounds like he needs onsite help.

[This message has been edited by JBW (edited May 05, 2005).]
Posted By: coolmarine24 Re: 424 and voice mail not working - 05/05/05 02:14 PM
ken to where do i email you my info?? whats your email?
Posted By: coolmarine24 Re: 424 and voice mail not working - 05/05/05 02:15 PM
oh ok Ken got it!! ill email you! Thanks
Posted By: coolmarine24 Re: 424 and voice mail not working - 05/05/05 02:29 PM
JBW i did what you suggested but when i dial the extension i get a busy signal :-( in other words voice mail does not pick up
Posted By: coolmarine24 Re: 424 and voice mail not working - 05/05/05 07:38 PM
voice mail system is not ansewring , i get a busy signal instead....thats weird because when i try to dial 850 to get the voice mail from any of the phones here it keeps ringing and ringing, no busy signal
Posted By: JBW Re: 424 and voice mail not working - 05/05/05 08:16 PM
KENB or one of the mods are your best bet. Voice mail programming on a toshiba requires more programming than most systems that I have worked on. An experienced tech on site might be beneficial to you in the long run.
JBW
Posted By: KENB Re: 424 and voice mail not working - 05/06/05 04:22 AM
i asked this gentleman who services his system
and why they wont come out reply was
"because they want to charge me "
i turns out his servicer is a friend of
mine for 20 + years and i will not go in on his accounts nor he on mine "jungle rules"
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help