atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: armrha tty settings for DK 280? - 04/27/05 10:15 AM
Hi, I can't find the TTY settings for the DK 280 anywhere in the programming manual... anyone have them off hand? I thought it was 1200 baud, 7 bits, even parity, 1 stop bit, and no hardware or software flow control, but that's not working.
Posted By: phonemeister Re: tty settings for DK 280? - 04/27/05 10:54 AM
That's the correct setting, but the baud rate may be different depending on what card the tty port is on. If it's on a PIOU/S card, there's a switch on the card that changes the baud rate between 300/1200. If it's an RSIU, it will depend on the program 76-2. Why not just keep changing the baud rate until it works?
Posted By: armrha Re: tty settings for DK 280? - 04/27/05 11:34 AM
It's a PIOU/S card. The switch is on 1200 7-E-1. No hardware or rts/cts flow control. Switched onto TTY rather then Modem on the other 2-setting slide switch. I get a connection from the system but don't recieve anything on these settings. Very aggravating, it use to work...
Posted By: SSPhone Re: tty settings for DK 280? - 04/27/05 12:07 PM
Did you try reseating the PIOU/S? Or you may need to reset the system. Also make sure the phones not in programming mode.

------------------
ssimpson@oneringtelecom.com Need a Telrad Programmer Kit? Telrad Programmer Kits

[This message has been edited by SSPhone (edited April 27, 2005).]
Posted By: armrha Re: tty settings for DK 280? - 04/27/05 12:10 PM
I tried reseating the card, no dice. : ( I guess the system reset is the way to go, I just hope this old hunkajunk can take it...
Posted By: Voyager Re: tty settings for DK 280? - 04/27/05 12:14 PM
Look at prog. 03. Make sure the PIOUS that you are using is the first CODE 41 in the system.

------------------
fingerlakestelecom.net
Posted By: armrha Re: tty settings for DK 280? - 04/27/05 12:35 PM
Thanks for the tip. Slot 26 is the first 41: It was seated in slot 27, mysteriously. I thought this would definitely have been what was causing the problem (it was at least ONE of the things causing the problem) but it still won't work, same behavior. I thought it might be that someone had turned on RSIU/RSIS onto the same slot through program 76-1, but that doesn't even seem to be a valid program for the 280. Is there a setting in Program 77-1 that needs to have LED on for it to work?
Posted By: phonemeister Re: tty settings for DK 280? - 04/27/05 12:41 PM
Well, there's LED 14 in program 77-1 that should be off if you aren't using the IMDU/RMDS modem.
Posted By: armrha Re: tty settings for DK 280? - 04/27/05 12:47 PM
I figured it out... thanks for your help guys, you all got me part of the way there. The last part of it was that the linux 2.6 kernel apparently has a bug that keeps it from communicating properly with the serial ports moving so slow... I switched to a 2.4 kernel and it works great now. Thanks again all.

Does anyone know where I could get a list of commands you can do from there? I know of UPLD and DWLD, and DUMP... but I know there's a host of testing commands you can do from that prompt. Anything useful?
Posted By: phonemeister Re: tty settings for DK 280? - 04/27/05 03:18 PM
The only two commands I use are DUMP and PROG.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help