atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Feign Two dkt2020sd's using same number? - 05/06/05 01:11 PM
Hello all, I wouldn't have believed there was a forum for this kind of thing, but here I am! I also performed a search without any results, but that may only be that I'm not sure what I am looking for.

We are running a dk280 (or a 424, still confused as to what's what...says 280 on the three cabinets) system and have a small query about having two dkt2020s(d)'s installed in a conference room here.

The problem is that we would like to have both phones on the same extension. One would be mounted to the wall and another would be free to move to either of the three other plug locations in the room.

I'm pretty sure we can't lob all four connections into one physical port because the digital phones do not work that way, so what do I have to do to get this to work?

[This message has been edited by Feign (edited May 06, 2005).]
Posted By: KENB Re: Two dkt2020sd's using same number? - 05/06/05 02:04 PM
not a recommended option
how about completing your profile
thanx

[This message has been edited by KENB (edited May 06, 2005).]
Posted By: Feign Re: Two dkt2020sd's using same number? - 05/06/05 02:28 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by KENB:
not a recommended option
how about completing your profile
thanx</font>

Not a recommended option? I can't have two digital phones share the same number?

And what about my profile?

[This message has been edited by Feign (edited May 06, 2005).]
Posted By: Voyager Re: Two dkt2020sd's using same number? - 05/06/05 02:40 PM
You'll get more information with a complete profile...e-mail, position, and a little about you.

You could put a PhDN on all the phones and it will ring all 3 phones.

------------------
fingerlakestelecom.net
Posted By: Feign Re: Two dkt2020sd's using same number? - 05/06/05 03:08 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Voyager:
You'll get more information with a complete profile...e-mail, position, and a little about you.

You could put a PhDN on all the phones and it will ring all 3 phones.

</font>

I like the idea of using Phantom numbers for this, but no matter what we do we'd be taking up two physical ports. I thought we might be able to get around that but after thinking about it I know that's not the case.

We decided to go another route with one analog phone on the wall and the one digital that will float between three different connections.

No biggie. smile Thanks.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help