atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: pcman1 extensions not being recognized - 05/12/05 11:23 AM
When I try to check my voice mail and i get to the point where it asks me to enter my extension number and then press #, i get an error saying "that was an invalid entry" .......this problem happens from any phone, using any extension number.
Is there a way to fix this? Thank you
Posted By: Telephonyman Re: extensions not being recognized - 05/12/05 11:48 AM
Try entering just your extension number...no # and wait. Or when you hear the AA come on dial 411 for directory and see what happens.
Posted By: pcman1 Re: extensions not being recognized - 05/12/05 11:55 AM
when i do not enter # same things happens i get the message saying "that was an invalid entry".......this happens when it asks me for my user id......however if i type 411 instead i do not get an error anymore, instead i get a messge saying "plese enter your security code"....i then try 411 again since i dont know what the security code is but i get a message saying that , "that is not the valid security code"...i wonder whats going on :-(
Posted By: phonemeister Re: extensions not being recognized - 05/12/05 03:53 PM
By default 411 is the dial-by-name directory. It looks like that has been changed. By the looks of it, I'd say that your mailbox does not exist. Have the voicemail admin create a mailbox for you.
Posted By: Telephonyman Re: extensions not being recognized - 05/12/05 06:02 PM
You need to access the VM by Staragy Admin via the laptop and check it out more closely. It's possible you may have to delete some mailboxs or worst case run Plug and Play. It sounds like your mailbox configurations have been scrambled up. If you don't have the software might I suggest you get a technician out to access the system.
Posted By: pcman1 Re: extensions not being recognized - 05/13/05 09:53 AM
you are right! now i jsut need to purchase the admins software form somewhere
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help