atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Jonathan DK40 - 05/26/05 03:27 PM
I had someone call and request a VM addition on a DK40. The system does not look like it has an expansion module on it. There is only one amphenol cable coming out of it. My question is, are there analog ports to add an external voicemail. If so how many. (I think I will be fine with a two port VM) Or do I have to add an integrated voice mail. I have just started to research this as I got the call today. I just want to make sure I can add somekind of VM.
Posted By: JBW Re: DK40 - 05/26/05 06:33 PM
You can install a kstu2 card and a k5rcu dtmf receiver card inside the base cabinet. This will give you 4 single line ports.
JBW

There are several types of voice mail systems that work well with the dk40. I have used toshiba and teleco vm systems and had good luck with both. There are also others types which might be cheaper.

[This message has been edited by JBW (edited May 26, 2005).]
Posted By: milkweed73 Re: DK40 - 05/30/05 05:31 PM
I have been using Aleen 4000 2 ports for DK40's and they work well. Those are the right cards to give you the analog ports for an external voicemail system.

The Aleen uses flash memory and is a small little wall hung box the size of a cable modem.

Ray
Posted By: junkman Re: DK40 - 05/31/05 06:28 AM
Toshiba's Stratagy Flash is a flash memory wall-hung unit using analog ports and works well. I've seen an Amanda working good on a DK40 also.

If you have an expansion cabinet, think about a Stratagy DK or an IVP8, no analog ports required and less stuff hanging on the wall.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help